• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Any resources handy on how to buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They turn up on eBay and GunBroker, but it seems like everyone is after them right now. Glocks can survive a very high round count, so I wouldn't bother buying takeoff parts from a new gun.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They can probably be milled fairly easily. I'll take a look at my compact and see.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    For the Afghani method of gun building, it could be prettier - but it could be a lot uglier... :D
    What's not to like, as long as it works! :lol2:

Some of them dudes can hammer out gun parts and put em together and make em run well! ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    What's not to like, as long as it works! :lol2:

Some of them dudes can hammer out gun parts and put em together and make em run well! ;)

All of my builds are somewhat 'crude', but they run like they have warrants.

Maybe it's a gift???

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Some may call it a curse... :lol2::lol2: ;)

Yeah, like professional 'smith's/builders. :D

Hell, I'm kicking myself for not picking up the 32 slide assembly along with the 31.

It'd be nice to have options. That and I'm still not super hot on the extended length 32 barrel in the 31 slide. Shoots great, but just doesn't do it for me aesthetically.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'd suggest either milling that slide for an optic or ditching it to someone who will instead of throwing money after it to mill a rear sight cut that so many other slides have.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Rather than reading this entire thread, has anybody purchased the new Polymer80 (G19) PF940C frame and merely borrowed all the main parts (barrel, slide, etc.) off of an existing Glock 19 Gen3 9mm pistol that they already own? Did it work well? Were other parts needed? Thanks!

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Factory stock parts will work fine. You need a complete slide assy and the lower parts from the frame, or a lower parts kit if you don't want to take the misc parts out of the stock frame, either way, it will work just fine. The 940c is designed to use all stock Glock parts, nothing special except for a steel pin they give you with the frame to replace a poly pin in the stock Glock frame (or lower parts kit).

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Put mine thru a bowling pin match today. 0 Malfunctions (FTF/FTE/OOB). Had 1 incident where the slide lock stuck while trying to slingshot, turned out be a mag issue.

View attachment 199093

The grip is definitely blocky, so I wound up doing a frame reduction and some light stippling last night. Then promptly sanded down some of the more aggressively textured areas to make it more livable when firing.

View attachment 199094

All in all, took 40 minutes to complete the frame, about an hour and a half for the reduction/stippling. Rough total cost - under $630 for a G31 with some Lone Wolf add-ons.

The bitch runs like it has warrants. I'm pleased with it.

Delete: Inquiry not needed.

Last edited:

MikeV

Apr 15, 2017
    Any of y'all planning your build and sourcing your parts,
    the BEST deal on Glock Factory slides is right here in MD!!

Forum supporter Baltimore's Best Pawn has 'em RIGHT NOW!!
    $400 out the door!
    They have both G19's and G17's, Brand New.
    (If you're waiting for the much anticipated Polymer80 G17 version 2.0 with the all steel rails, get your slide now 'cause they're gonna be hard to find once v2.0 is released...)

see my post here
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4813066#post4813066

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Sure hoping that this is compatible with the standard Glock 19:

100-023-488WB PF940CV1BL 80% FRAME FOR GLOCK 19/23/32 (as shown on Brownells)

Not a ReadyMod.

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Sure hoping that this is compatible with the standard Glock 19:

100-023-488WB PF940CV1BL 80% FRAME FOR GLOCK 19/23/32 (as shown on Brownells)

Not a ReadyMod.
    Yes.. it's the standard Compact textured in black (BL). They are just starting to offer other color options, Brownells has a Coyote compact frame listed in stock now and other colors are available for pre-order on the site.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Probably why you are seeing the black compacts frames on sale right now.. new colors are about ready to fly.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom