• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Sure. But why bother to build one? They can be made cheap, but as cheap as a ruger American pistol or Remington rp9.

Some of us like a challenge. And because we can, of course. Price does not have to be a factor.

(Never mind I wouldn't care to own either of the guns you mentioned. They're cheap for a reason.)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sure. But why bother to build one? They can be made cheap, but as cheap as a ruger American pistol or Remington rp9.

80% does not mean a crappy or sub-par gun. You can put excellent components in an 80% frame and you have a damned good pistol.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Some of us like a challenge. And because we can, of course. Price does not have to be a factor.

(Never mind I wouldn't care to own either of the guns you mentioned. They're cheap for a reason.)

80% does not mean a crappy or sub-par gun. You can put excellent components in an 80% frame and you have a damned good pistol.

That wasn't the point of my post. It was the point of putting a serial number on it and registering it. That's the most common reason people build 80%s, so the man doesn't know about them. My 80% was my most expensive pistol till i got my Sig1911. And, it has the better parts than most of my factory pistols. Cheap also means inexpensive.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That wasn't the point of my post. It was the point of putting a serial number on it and registering it. That's the most common reason people build 80%s, so the man doesn't know about them. My 80% was my most expensive pistol till i got my Sig1911. And, it has the better parts than most of my factory pistols. Cheap also means inexpensive.

I'm just surprised that point had to be stated, especially on a gun forum

I've posted elsewhere about what California and Bridgeport, CT have already done toward 80% lowers or "ghost guns". The incremental bans have already begun.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    anyone know if you can run a 40 cal upper on the 9mm lower simply by changing the ejector and mags ?
    it has the 9mm trigger bar and lower parts if that matters

thanks

The lower parts don’t matter. The 80% lowers are interchangeable with 9mm/.40.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    just change upper the ejector and mags then ?

I ask because the trigger and parts I bought are listed as 9mm don't know if that matters from midway

Get a .40 slide and set it up with .40 components and .40 mags and you are GTG.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Recoil Gunworks had Glock 22 build kits. It was every part, minus the frame.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Has anyone tried to use RIT dye to change to change the Robin Egg color of a 80% frame?

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

I've posted elsewhere about what California and Bridgeport, CT have already done toward 80% lowers or "ghost guns". The incremental bans have already begun.....

Here's more....NJ makes possession punishable by up to 5 years

The law Murphy signed ( S2465 ) makes it illegal to purchase firearm parts for assembly and manufacturing and possessing untraceable firearms.

https://articles.nj.com/politics/in...gns_new_gun_control_law_says_nj_has_natio.amp

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

The law Murphy signed ( S2465 ) makes it illegal to purchase firearm parts for assembly and manufacturing and possessing untraceable firearms.

https://articles.nj.com/politics/in...gns_new_gun_control_law_says_nj_has_natio.amp

**Sorry, hit twice, can't seem to delete posts anymore.

Last edited:

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

Not that I expected a well crafted law, but it seems to me that this law would make gun owners unable to buy parts to replace components that have simply worn out or broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree; that's the first place I looked. I've bought 2 so far. Search for seller Sovereign Guns for goods prices and options ( complete, no internals, no barrel, etc)

You can also go directly to their aftermarket website. The advantage there is you can configure things exactly as you want- much more ability to customize.
    https://rockslideusa.com/

ETA- I just left a 4/5 review on their site and it was immediately published; meaning they don't vet and filter whose reviews are published. Reviews are honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom