• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As a newly minted Baltimore City Resident, I look forward to voting against every one of them.

Out out out.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    As a newly minted Baltimore City Resident, I look forward to voting against every one of them.

Out out out.
    forgive me if this sounds rude, or aggressive, but You have no idea how good these judges are and how bad you could fare with non qualified candidates. Aside from generalizations and what others might have told you, what personal knowledge can you have about all 5 judges? Do you know which of these judges carry guns, hunt, go to the range, collect guns? Support the 2A? Have tou bought kevin davis’ “statistical analysis” where he blames all the city judges for light sentences when 90% of the cases he references are the result of plea bargains between prosecutor and defense lawyer? Maybe take a hard look at city govt?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    forgive me if this sounds rude, or aggressive, but You have no idea how good these judges are and how bad you could fare with non qualified candidates. Aside from generalizations and what others might have told you, what personal knowledge can you have about all 5 judges? Do you know which of these judges carry guns, hunt, go to the range, collect guns? Support the 2A? Have tou bought kevin davis’ “statistical analysis” where he blames all the city judges for light sentences when 90% of the cases he references are the result of plea bargains between prosecutor and defense lawyer? Maybe take a hard look at city govt?

Yea, you don't know who you called out...

A clue for you. Current/former board member of MSI.

I think you may have pissed in your own Wheaties...

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Yea, you don't know who you called out...

A clue for you. Current/former board member of MSI.

I think you may have pissed in your own Wheaties...

Considering that all but one of the sitting judges running are brand new appointments, which of the 5 have you had personal experience with?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Considering that all but one of the sitting judges running are brand new appointments, which of the 5 have you had personal experience with?

Considering I don't go into the sh!ty, I don't have any personal experience with them, but residents know what they do in their courtrooms and are able to make their own decisions.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

When in doubt, vote them out!

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Who appointed each of them?

4/5 appointed by hogan. 1/5 appointed 14 years ago. They are running uncontested. Can’t vote against them. They work hard, take rgeir work seriously. Its a tough city. Very violent. Very dangerous. Some really bad people. These judges see more sorrow in a month than most of us do in a life.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    4/5 appointed by hogan. 1/5 appointed 14 years ago. They are running uncontested. Can’t vote against them. They work hard, take rgeir work seriously. Its a tough city. Very violent. Very dangerous. Some really bad people. These judges see more sorrow in a month than most of us do in a life.

Which 4 were appointed by Hogan?

Is there any info about their approach to the catch and release justice system in Baltimore?

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

We have heard during this past week and during the State Senate hearing that Baltimore real problem is repeat offenders. In one case an individual was release for a crime involving a weapon and was arrested shortly again after release for wait for ..... Yep another crime involving a weapon.

Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you have wisdom or the smartest rock in the pile.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Which 4 were appointed by Hogan?

Is there any info about their approach to the catch and release justice system in Baltimore?

You can find brief descriptions of each judge's experience here:

https://www.baltimorecitysittingjudges.com/judges

I'd say some are culpable in the catch and release approach.

Judge Schiffer served as chief of the felony review unit from 2007 to 2009, where she was responsible for felony charging decisions and presentation of cases to the grand jury. She was trial team captain from 2009 to 2012, where she trained prosecutors in trial work. Judge Schiffer served as chief of the violent crimes division from 2012 to 2017, where she was primarily responsible for the prosecution of stabbings and shootings.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You can find brief descriptions of each judge's experience here:

https://www.baltimorecitysittingjudges.com/judges

I'd say some are culpable in the catch and release approach.

Well, I am bummed. When I heard Nugent was on the ballot I jumped at the chance to elect Ted Nugent as a Baltimore judge. :party29:

unfortunately, wrong Nugent....

I doubt this one will be as tough on crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom