• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    I finally got the parts from S & W to replace the extractor and put it together. I will try it out this week to see if everything is okay.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Got my VQ CF barrel and got it installed in time for the Steel Challenge at PNTC on 3/3. Didn't know if the little mini red dot I had on it was zeroed due to all the wind so I used my 10/22 in RFRO until the last stage where I used the 15-22. Holy mackerel is that thing light. My RCBS trigger gauge says the 15-22 is now 6 oz. lighter than my LW 10/22 with its own VQ CF barrel on it. Only things still containing steel is the Geissele trigger, the bolt, and the barrel liner. At last weekend's Rimfire Falling Steel at Monocacy I shot a 4.85s run on a 9 target setup that included a 5 point Texas star. I got progressively faster as I got used to it. I have to get used to the fact that it swings faster than my 10/22.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    My 15-22 runs like a champ. I typically run CCI Mini mag and Federal Auto Match. Winchester Wildcat and Remington Gold is a bit dirty, but I don't run more than 300 or so rounds when we go out. Maybe the luck of the draw??

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My 15-22 runs like a champ. I typically run CCI Mini mag and Federal Auto Match. Winchester Wildcat and Remington Gold is a bit dirty, but I don't run more than 300 or so rounds when we go out. Maybe the luck of the draw??

I've had 0 issues with mine. I'd say it had around 4k rounds thru it with only one cleaning. Half of those are suppressed.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I've had 0 issues with mine. I'd say it had around 4k rounds thru it with only one cleaning. Half of those are suppressed.

No FTF issues running suppressed? That's impressive. What ammo are you using? Inquiring minds and all...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No FTF issues running suppressed? That's impressive. What ammo are you using? Inquiring minds and all...

None at all. Even rapid firing a whole 50rd drum.

I have oodles of golden bullets so that's what has gone through it most of the time. It's ironic bc the golden bullets suck a fat one in my 22lr pistols. I pretty much only use them in the 15-22.
    Also cci standard and blazer.
    I've run minimags through it as well, but considering it'll eat the cheap stuff I usually reserve the more expensive HV stuff for my pistols.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    Can you post up a picture of your 15-22 with the new
    barrel? Curious to see what it looks like.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Installed parts 15-22

After extractor blowout, I received the replacement parts from S&W and installed, five minute job. Test fired but had failures to eject. I found a YouTube site where the guy shows a minor tweak by bending the ejector bar a small amount into it's track on the bolt. I also installed an Edge extractor (probably unneeded). The action now run like a charm. Several hundreds of rounds of CCi, Aquila and some Federal. Only two Federal failure to feed.Runs like a charm. Routine cleaning. I have the same trigger in it as my comp. AR and it is my bad weather practice rifle at the indoor range.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I think it comes with a semi-match chamber. Tighter match chambers tend to limit the variety of ammo it can reliably shoot. My first 15-22 was a PC model with had a Bentz match chamber and it would not run things like Stingers that have a longer OAL and case. Shot Mini-Mags and AR-Tactical fine.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I doubt it shoots better than the 15-22 i have with just an upgraded charging handle, IMO. Use the money saved for an optic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I already have a base model with a few upgrades :)

My old man and his brother have a performance center model though. We haven't done any real comparisons side by side. I know the PC models have a 2 stage trigger and slightly longer barrel but wasn't sure if the upgrades justify the price increase.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I already have a base model with a few upgrades :)

My old man and his brother have a performance center model though. We haven't done any real comparisons side by side. I know the PC models have a 2 stage trigger and slightly longer barrel but wasn't sure if the upgrades justify the price increase.
    If you ever do a side by side comparison, please post the results. I bought mine for my daughter, I'm keeping it she just doesnt know it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cap

Jul 25, 2018
    I have one that runs great. I keep it clean and it cycles a wide variety of ammo. Love shooting this gun.
    Others have noted the following to cause problems , not loading magazine properly, resting on the magazine or holding it while shooting, ejector not lined up or bent, and low velocity ammo with light bullet weights.

Sirex