• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Sent in letters and back up documents to have my permit restrictions lifted . Should be real clear and concise .

Sent in the 10.00 modification fee , now hurry up a wait .

Anyone know how long they are taking to deny ??? :sad20:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    A few weeks ago hearings we're being scheduled for March....

Yeah I just sent the letter to request no restrictions today , I will go on an on-call basis if my restrictions are not lifted .

I put that in the letter as well since they deny most everyone from what I understand . :sad20:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    As of last week they were scheduling hearings in April. Of course you are in the hopper for 90 days before you can appeal on a deemed denied basis. Sine die is in early April so it will be interesting to observe the Senate ENC action, and the make up of the Board come April/May.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just to clear the muddy waters a bit here, you stated you sent in your $10 modification request. This would indicate that you are requesting this from the MSP and not the HPRB. The MSP has 90 days to respond. If denied (likely), you then have 10 days from the denial to request a hearing before the HPRB. Based upon the current calendar, you will likely get your denial of modification mid February, then appeal that decision to the HPRB at that time. The current backlog is ~5 months to get before the HPRB right now. So that puts you in the July time frame if they hold steady with the case load before you can get your hearing. This all is predicated as to what happens in the GA next year as I anticipate that we will again see a bill introduced to eliminate the HPRB.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Just to clear the muddy waters a bit here, you stated you sent in your $10 modification request. This would indicate that you are requesting this from the MSP and not the HPRB. The MSP has 90 days to respond. If denied (likely), you then have 10 days from the denial to request a hearing before the HPRB. Based upon the current calendar, you will likely get your denial of modification mid February, then appeal that decision to the HPRB at that time. The current backlog is ~5 months to get before the HPRB right now. So that puts you in the July time frame if they hold steady with the case load before you can get your hearing. This all is predicated as to what happens in the GA next year as I anticipate that we will again see a bill introduced to eliminate the HPRB.

Your description of what i have done is correct , i did include in my letter a statement if they deny i want to go in front of the board .
    I also will go as a standby if someone cancels .

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sent in letters and back up documents to have my permit restrictions lifted . Should be real clear and concise .

Sent in the 10.00 modification fee , now hurry up a wait .

Anyone know how long they are taking to deny ??? :sad20:

Are you a MSI member? If so, please PM me.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Yeah I just sent the letter to request no restrictions today , I will go on an on-call basis if my restrictions are not lifted .

I put that in the letter as well since they deny most everyone from what I understand . :sad20:

I need to do this too. Since I've not gotten off my duff and would be scheduled after all the shenanigans happen in the GA, I'm thinking I'll just wait to see what the make up of the board or even if it exists. That is unless others more knowledgeable than myself tell me otherwise.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Do you believe Gov. Hogan would sign a bill to eliminate the HPRB?

My gut feeling is no he will not , i have no inside information on such a thing but this board gives him an arms length away from weighing in .IMHO

Distance could be his friend , and get him re-elected . If he does an "anti" move or a pro move it could be a deciding factor .

This is just my thoughts your's may vary .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The lead time is long enough that if you wait for end of the MGA session to end , it would be Sept or Oct 2018 to have Hearing .

Gamble the $10 A.D. the homework preparations and get the ball rolling now . You can always drop you appeal later, but you can't jumpstart to the head of the line .

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have had restrictions modified successfully on two separate occasions. Neither time took anywhere close to 90 days. Much, much quicker. YMMV

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I probably need to do likewise. My permit doesn't expire until May of 2019...but it's got a restriction linking it to employment with my current employer. I'm eligible to retire in June. Not sure I will retire, but my justification for the permit (which MSP signed off on without argument) doesn't change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom