• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captchaos1

Feb 7, 2011
    Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) is now recruiting for the position of Firefighter/Rescuer I (Recruit). This announcement is to provide information for recruit class(es) scheduled for fiscal year 2013 (July 2012-June 2013). Recruit class duration will be 26 weeks and is subject to budgetary approval.

Applications are being accepted on the Montgomery County OHR website at

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/ohrtmpl.asp?url=/content/ohr/careers/index.asp

Once on the OHR website, scroll down to the iRecruitment Visitor website and search for public safety positions

The position announcement number for this vacancy is IRC7176

The closing date for this position vacancy is December 2, 2011

No prior experience is necessary for this position announcement.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    No prior experience is necessary for this position announcement.

Starts around 41,000. Not bad.

and is subject to budgetary approval.

Anyone else see something wrong here? Apparently .gov types do not get it yet. But, they will, because the people who pay these salaries will rise up. At last.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Anyone else see something wrong here? Apparently .gov types do not get it yet. But, they will, because the people who pay these salaries will rise up. At last.

The no experience necessary part is bull.... If you don't have atleast some fire and at minimum your emt-b you stand slim chance of getting to the interview phase. and while they tell u a 70 is passing on the written, ur pretty much cooked if ur not in the 90's

I sat for moco's test once years back. there was a question about halloween and a bunch of older kids coming to your neighborhood in a low rider and what you would do.... When I saw that one I couldn't help but laugh

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA

I was thinking 41k In Montgomery County was like min wage, cost of livings high and going up.

The no experience necessary part is bull.... If you don't have atleast some fire and at minimum your emt-b you stand slim chance of getting to the interview phase. and while they tell u a 70 is passing on the written, ur pretty much cooked if ur not in the 90's

I sat for moco's test once years back. there was a question about halloween and a bunch of older kids coming to your neighborhood in a low rider and what you would do.... When I saw that one I couldn't help but laugh

Had the same question both times I took the city test.

Hdgmedic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2011

How much should people make who run towards the things that the average citizen runs from? How much is it worth to you if you needed someone to save the life of your most precious loved one? How much should we pay a person who gets consistently crapped on by some of the not-so-kind citizens who think its their right to abuse them? I don't know, $41,000 in the 13th richest county in the U.S. (median income $92,000) seems like its a bit low to me.

343 folks up in New York didn't think twice about going into that deathtrap, knowing that jet fuel+multiple floors= guaranteed death. I knew it when I saw it on TV. I can assure you that if you pay crap wages, you will see the best and brightest folks who can make the decisions on whether you live or die looking elsewhere for employment. But hey, I guess if you've never had your or a loved one's life or property saved, you may think those wages are too high. :rolleyes:

As for me, my salary is covered. I know for a fact that the folks who I gave the opportunity to see another day have more than made up the cost of my salary in the taxes they've paid since they've been alive (and some who aren't old enough to work yet who have a lifetime of paying taxes ahead of them). I wonder how many holidays they would have missed with their families if not for those .gov types paying me to be there.

Oh, by the way, we also pay our own salaries with the taxes we pay. You can count us out of rising up anytime soon. :innocent0

LAD3DER

Aug 24, 2011
    Rockville, MD

I disagree with this. When they want to hire people with prior certs they do that and have a shorter recruit class. This is a good job and anyone here that wants to get into it should not be discouraged to apply. Medics will get preference but there is no way they will find a full class of medics to hire, they dont treat them that great here.

MCFR had a test back in September for people with MD FF + EMT-B certs, that process is ongoing. I have no idea where the money for this class is coming from but I do know that the county council recently acknowledged that public safety in Montgomery County is short and they need to start filling positions (Police, Fire, Sheriff, Corrections) so I would think theres a good chance this process will result in hiring (the test in 2010 was killed after the written test because there wasn't any money to hire anyone.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom