• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    March 15-17, 2019 (Friday through Sunday)
    New Orleans, LA
    $389

I’m going, and I would love for some MDS friends and fellow instructors to join me.

Rangemaster brings the nation’s top firearms instructors to one place. It’s the premier training event of the year and it sells out – every year.

This is a rare opportunity to take part in empty-hand, handgun, emergency medical, and tactics training all in one location. The entry fee of $389 represents the best value for your training dollar in the entire industry.

This event fills to capacity several months in advance every year, as space is strictly limited. So it’s best to register as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

This year, the Conference will be held at NOLATAC, just outside of New Orleans, Louisiana. As always, there will be classroom seminars, hands-on training segments, and a live-fire tactical pistol match scheduled over all three days. The facility has multiple classrooms and firing ranges, which will allow for concurrent blocks of live-fire classes, force-on-force scenarios, and classroom lectures (along with the pistol match).

Participants may attend as many training blocks as time permits. All training segments, the pistol match, and a prize drawing are included in the entry fee. There are no other costs/fees.

The Pistol Match gives Conference attendees a chance to test their defensive gear, skills, and mental readiness in a practical context. Target identification and discrimination are involved, along with shooting under stressful and realistic conditions. Only daily carry street guns and gear are allowed, and you will need about 100 rounds of ammunition. It’s a great experience for veteran shooters and newcomers alike.

http://rangemaster.com/2019-tactical-conference/

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    NOLATAC is just down the road from Chalmette Battlefield if one is into history. See ranger Harold for in depth knowledge about the battle of New Orleans. Just be prepared for a southern speed conversation. PM for other suggestions visitors might miss.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    So.....is anyone else going? If considering I'd sign up sooner rather than later.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    As per a post by Tom Givens today on Facebook, registration is now half-full. Typically it's full by about September.

jlw

Jul 3, 2018
    I'm a bit biased as I am a presenter, but TacCon is the best training value you'll find.

I'll be presenting Police-Citizen Contacts and Social Levergun.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'm a bit biased as I am a presenter, but TacCon is the best training value you'll find.

I'll be presenting Police-Citizen Contacts and Social Levergun.

Hey Chief!

I'm with Murphy right now hosting Bolke's class. Great class so far. Will look forward to saying hello to you again at TacCon. Stay safe!

jlw

Jul 3, 2018
    Hey Chief!

I'm with Murphy right now hosting Bolke's class. Great class so far. Will look forward to saying hello to you again at TacCon. Stay safe!

Bolke and Murph in the same locale; must be a quiet place. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    My registration is confirmed.
    I’m already craving bbq oysters.
    Leaving IAD Weds, returning Monday.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Tac Con 2019 Trainers/Topics

The annual Tactical Conference will be conducted this time on March 15-17, 2019, just outside New Orleans, LA. The venue is the NOLATAC firearms training complex, inside the NOLASPORTS racing track. We have deals for reduced rates with several hotels within just a short drive of the range and the range complex is new and very nice. To register, see

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rangemaster-tactical-conference-2019-new-orleans-tickets-44537121730

This event is open to private citizens, law enforcement and military personnel who are serious about the defensive arts. There will be classroom presentations; live-fire range sessions with handguns, carbines and shotguns; and hands on training in empty hands skills, trauma first aid skills, and small knife defensive skills. There will be live role play with marking cartridges and trained role players and more. Attendees may participate in numerous blocks each day, as time permits, over the course of three full days. There is also a defensive pistol match. Your one entry fee covers everything.

Here is a partial breakdown of the topics to be offered. More will be announced later.

CLASSROOM SESSIONS:
    Jon Skubis, Vortex Optics, Wisconsin- “All About Optics” An in depth look at the selection and deployment of modern optics, to include rifle scopes, red dot sights, holographic sights, prismatic sights, spotting scopes, binoculars and range finders.
    Darryl Bolke, HiTs Training, Texas- “Mission Drives the Gear Train”
    William Aprill, Aprill Risk Consulting, Louisiana- “ The Five W’s of Risk”
    Spencer Keepers, Keepers Concealment, Oklahoma- “Situational Control”
    Martin Topper, PhD, Florida- “Ammo Update, Loads for Personal and Home Defense”
    John Murphy, FPF Training, Virginia- “Skills Beyond the Gun”
    Lee Weems, First Person Safety, Georgia- “Police-Citizen Contacts”
    Massad Ayoob, MAG, Florida- “New Challenges, An Update on Legal Cases Since Last Conference”
    Tom Givens, Rangemaster, Florida- “Home Invasions, What you Need to Know” and “The Evolution of Modern Firearms Training, 1919 to 2019, A Century of Painful Progress”
    Skip Gocenour, ATSA, Pennsylvania- “20 Years of History, the National Tactical Invitational and Lessons Learned”

LIVE-FIRE SESSIONS:
    Erik Pakieser, QSI Training, Minnesota- “Handgun Draw and Presentation, Making the first shot count” Highly recommended for attendees with little prior training so you can safely draw and reholster your handgun in other classes over the weekend.
    John Farnam, DTI, Colorado- “Domestic Defensive Hnadgunning”
    Paul Sharp, SBG, Illinois- “Recoil Management”
    Lee Weems, First Person Safety, Georgia- “Social Levergun”
    Brian Hill, The Complete Combatant, Georgia- “Practice and Refinement for the Armed Citizen”
    Tim Chandler, 360 Performance, Virginia- “Changing Gears”
    Gabe White, Performance Shooting, Oregon- “Translating Technical Skills Into Tactical Success”
    Lynn Givens and Lori Bigley, Rangemaster, Florida- “Fundamental Pistol Skills”
    Eve Kulcsar and Julie Thomas, Rangemaster- “Ladies Only Introduction to Handgun Skills”
    Steve Fisher, Sentinel Concepts, Maine- “Close Range Carbine”
    Wayne Dobbs, HiTs Training, Texas- “Critical Fundamentals, Skills and Drills”
    John Murphy, FPF Training, Virginia- “CCW Skills”
    Tom Givens, Rangemaster, Florida- “Social Shotgun”

HANDS-ON TRAINING SESSIONS
    Dr. Sherman House, Cilivilan Defenser, Tennessee- “Improvised trauma Care, The Angus McGuyver School of Medicine”
    Steve Moses, Texas- “Martial Arts for Middle Agers”
    Cecil Burch, Immediate Action Combatives, Arizona- “Just Enough Jits”
    Chris Fry, MDTS, New York- “Practical Folding Knife Skills”
    Craig “Southnarc” Douglas, Shivworks, Mississippi- “Experiential Learning Lab”, live role play exercises/scenarios
    Fletch Fuller, Sheriff’s Office, Florida- “Take it Back!, Handgun Disarming Skills”
    Chuck Haggard, Agile Consulting, Kansas- “Oleoresin Capsicum (OC, or Pepper Spray) Selection, Use and Deployment”

Plus more sessions that are still in the works!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Tac Con 2019 Trainers/Topics

The annual Tactical Conference will be conducted this time on March 15-17, 2019, just outside New Orleans, LA. The venue is the NOLATAC firearms training complex, inside the NOLASPORTS racing track. We have deals for reduced rates with several hotels within just a short drive of the range and the range complex is new and very nice. To register, see

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rangemaster-tactical-conference-2019-new-orleans-tickets-44537121730

This event is open to private citizens, law enforcement and military personnel who are serious about the defensive arts. There will be classroom presentations; live-fire range sessions with handguns, carbines and shotguns; and hands on training in empty hands skills, trauma first aid skills, and small knife defensive skills. There will be live role play with marking cartridges and trained role players and more. Attendees may participate in numerous blocks each day, as time permits, over the course of three full days. There is also a defensive pistol match. Your one entry fee covers everything.

Here is a partial breakdown of the topics to be offered. More will be announced later.

CLASSROOM SESSIONS:
    Jon Skubis, Vortex Optics, Wisconsin- “All About Optics” An in depth look at the selection and deployment of modern optics, to include rifle scopes, red dot sights, holographic sights, prismatic sights, spotting scopes, binoculars and range finders.
    Darryl Bolke, HiTs Training, Texas- “Mission Drives the Gear Train”
    William Aprill, Aprill Risk Consulting, Louisiana- “ The Five W’s of Risk”
    Spencer Keepers, Keepers Concealment, Oklahoma- “Situational Control”
    Martin Topper, PhD, Florida- “Ammo Update, Loads for Personal and Home Defense”
    John Murphy, FPF Training, Virginia- “Skills Beyond the Gun”
    Lee Weems, First Person Safety, Georgia- “Police-Citizen Contacts”
    Massad Ayoob, MAG, Florida- “New Challenges, An Update on Legal Cases Since Last Conference”
    Tom Givens, Rangemaster, Florida- “Home Invasions, What you Need to Know” and “The Evolution of Modern Firearms Training, 1919 to 2019, A Century of Painful Progress”
    Skip Gocenour, ATSA, Pennsylvania- “20 Years of History, the National Tactical Invitational and Lessons Learned”

LIVE-FIRE SESSIONS:
    Erik Pakieser, QSI Training, Minnesota- “Handgun Draw and Presentation, Making the first shot count” Highly recommended for attendees with little prior training so you can safely draw and reholster your handgun in other classes over the weekend.
    John Farnam, DTI, Colorado- “Domestic Defensive Hnadgunning”
    Paul Sharp, SBG, Illinois- “Recoil Management”
    Lee Weems, First Person Safety, Georgia- “Social Levergun”
    Brian Hill, The Complete Combatant, Georgia- “Practice and Refinement for the Armed Citizen”
    Tim Chandler, 360 Performance, Virginia- “Changing Gears”
    Gabe White, Performance Shooting, Oregon- “Translating Technical Skills Into Tactical Success”
    Lynn Givens and Lori Bigley, Rangemaster, Florida- “Fundamental Pistol Skills”
    Eve Kulcsar and Julie Thomas, Rangemaster- “Ladies Only Introduction to Handgun Skills”
    Steve Fisher, Sentinel Concepts, Maine- “Close Range Carbine”
    Wayne Dobbs, HiTs Training, Texas- “Critical Fundamentals, Skills and Drills”
    John Murphy, FPF Training, Virginia- “CCW Skills”
    Tom Givens, Rangemaster, Florida- “Social Shotgun”

HANDS-ON TRAINING SESSIONS
    Dr. Sherman House, Cilivilan Defenser, Tennessee- “Improvised trauma Care, The Angus McGuyver School of Medicine”
    Steve Moses, Texas- “Martial Arts for Middle Agers”
    Cecil Burch, Immediate Action Combatives, Arizona- “Just Enough Jits”
    Chris Fry, MDTS, New York- “Practical Folding Knife Skills”
    Craig “Southnarc” Douglas, Shivworks, Mississippi- “Experiential Learning Lab”, live role play exercises/scenarios
    Fletch Fuller, Sheriff’s Office, Florida- “Take it Back!, Handgun Disarming Skills”
    Chuck Haggard, Agile Consulting, Kansas- “Oleoresin Capsicum (OC, or Pepper Spray) Selection, Use and Deployment”

Plus more sessions that are still in the works!

^ I just came here to post this.

The above list is INSANE, and there are still more to come (for example, Claude Werner is not yet listed). There are several from the live-fire, classroom, and hands-on sections that I would take in a heartbeat. Getting very excited now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom