• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Gun regiustration makes gun confiscation possible and you bet the gun grabbers know this. They can take their gun registration and shove it up their asses.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Thank god, I moved to NC. I don't have to worry about this. My worry is what my next gun purchase will be. Even after all the gun control they've already passed the Democrat bastards just don't stop.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    So th sum total is they want to treat long guns as handguns with all the crap that comes with it.

I'm sure Larry will be out in front demanding we pass this common sense bill.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm sure Larry will be out in front demanding we pass this common sense bill.

Good. That will put the final nail in his deluded wishes to run for POTUS.

Not that he ever had a chance to win, but if the Stupid Party decides to go back to their winning strategy of running a McRomney candidate, he might look good for the part.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Good. That will put the final nail in his deluded wishes to run for POTUS.

Not that he ever had a chance to win, but if the Stupid Party decides to go back to their winning strategy of running a McRomney candidate, he might look good for the part.

^^This. Hogan will have zero shot at any Presidential bid if he signs any of these laws this year. I'm sure he still will if they pass though.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Another little gem tucked into this drivel:

(C) A PERSON MAY PURCHASE, RENT, OR RECEIVE A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN 28 ONLY IF THE PERSON: 29
    (1) (I) POSSESSES A VALID LONG GUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE 30 ISSUED TO THE PERSON BY THE SECRETARY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SECTION; 31

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This looks like another cookie cutter template of a bill being pushed by Moms Devouring Appetizers in other states.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Looks like all the "Fudds" may get involved now, but most have "theirs", so they'll still have their head in the sand.

Q

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Theoretically, yes. It takes a little longer, but there is no centralized state database, unless you filled out a Maryland 77R.

Q

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Pardon my ignorance but don’t we register long guns when we buy them?

The information we fill out is going somewhere?

We don’t. FBI is required to purge 4473 background check information within a certain period of time after an approval. 72hrs I think?

It isn’t registered with Maryland.

What blows my mind is that LGQL for even renting. Just thinking about the number of times I’ve taken someone to PGTS who doesn’t own guns who rented a shotgun there.

Not happening under this.

**** them.

PS I mean, for the whole proposed law, but so much of it is asinine.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I get confused because any mention of making a law more tolerable is instantly anti, and "We don't negotiate our rights". How has that position worked out recently? This is Maryland.
    There is no reason a four hour course couldn't cover ALL firearms. If this Bill has any chance of passing, and no one comes up with a HQL should be instantly recognized for long guns as well, long gun sales will dry up over night. A Fudd could get a FOID like card and buy a pistol on a whim, if this is made a consolidated all firearms process. Not sure why it couldn't get it there, but fight the entire idea at same time.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'm finally to the point that I just don't care anymore what silliness they pass. If the State wants to try and turn me into a criminal, so be it. (Don't read this as me giving in, I plan on fighting this nonsense, but in the end, the State is going to turn me into a scoff-law, at the very least).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom