• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Remember both parties have given candidates in embattled territories permission to say and do what they want to hold on to a seat. Once the seat stays with the encumbant all promises and handshakes done across the aisle mean nothing once they get sworn back in...

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I wouldn't be surprised if he switches party as he realizes that the state is going red. Still wouldn't vote for him.

The coalfields are damn near empty now and the UMWA isn't capable of pulling the wool over people's eyes anymore and forcing them to vote Dem. Manchin hedged on the retired miners from the southern part of the state keeping him in power, but that's not happening after they saw what the Obama admin did to ensure that there'd be no mine jobs or miners left to pay into the health and pension funds. Manchin switched sides too many times already. If he gets back in this round, I'd be amazed.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Manchin isn't stupid, at least by democrat standards. He realizes how wildly popular Trump is with his voters in West Virginia. Like a good democrat he can always put on a facade and appease the annoying little people when he has to.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Manchin isn't stupid, at least by democrat standards. He realizes how wildly popular Trump is with his voters in West Virginia. Like a good democrat he can always put on a facade and appease the annoying little people when he has to.

That used to be the case, but I think he's pissed way too many people off now. They see him firmly in the anti-coal camp from his time brown-nosing Barry-O. Add in the horrible gaffes he's made over the years and anyone with a half-way decent team and a little money could beat him in the Senate race. Morrisey probably has the best odds right now and if he steps up his game and throws all of Manchin's flip-flopping back in his campaign's face, he should come out on top.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    He's from Marion County WV. I know his home county doesn't want him. If you can't win your home area, your sunk.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Joe Manchin is a wind sock, goes wherever the wind blows. Forget about thinking he would be different as a republican. We don't need another rino. Hopefully the folks in WV will give him the boot.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sleazebag was aware that he's toast in WV, was positioning himself for a cabinet position in the Clinton administration. Now he's sweating his political future, which should be over if the voters are even half-awake.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Sleazebag was aware that he's toast in WV, was positioning himself for a cabinet position in the Clinton administration. Now he's sweating his political future, which should be over if the voters are even half-awake.

He can always work for his daughters Epi-Pen, maybe his signature will justify the 600 dollar shot.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I'll take it!!!! Early, but I'll take it.

According to a poll commissioned by WPA Intelligence, Morrisey comes out ahead of Manchin by two points, 46-44.

A majority of West Virginians—51 percent – suggested that it was “time for a new person to be in the U.S. Senate.”

WPA Intelligence conducted the poll on Thursday. Morrisey beat the establishment-backed candidate Rep. Evan Jenkins (R-WV) and coal businessman Don Blankenship on Tuesday in the Republican primary.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ing-joe-manchin-in-west-virginia-senate-race/

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    He is the best pro-gun candidate out there and endorsed by WVCDL. He has my vote.

Morrisey has done more for WV's firearm rights, than anyone I can think of. For example, we now have reciprocity in about 37 states.
    Without question, he gets my vote. :thumbsup:

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    He is the best pro-gun candidate out there and endorsed by WVCDL. He has my vote.

Ditto. I'm so happy my wife and I moved to WV last year and still so angry that the friends, family and acquaintances we left behind in Maryland have to endure what the Maryland politicians are doing to them rather than for them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom