Anything We Can Do To Save CCW Review Board?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    20 days, see post #31. My memory was off.

If they dont present it, hell has frozen over. It will get presented.

According to this: the special session to elect the speaker would be May 1. Hogan has not decided to call one.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-mcintosh-votes-20190413-story.html

Hogan probably will call it after the funeral and after some reasonable certainty of the vote tally and who will win.
    From what I can tell, it MUST be presented.

All passed bills, except the budget bill and constitutional amendments, must be presented to the Governor within twenty days following adjournment of a session. The Governor may veto such bills within thirty days after presentation. If a passed bill is not vetoed, it becomes law. The budget bill, however, becomes law upon its final passage and cannot be vetoed. Constitutional amendments also cannot be vetoed; they become law only upon their ratification by the voters at the next general election.

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/07leg/html/proc.html

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Per my post #41, do not all bills (with 2 exception) have to go to Hogan?

By law, yes, but I was answering his question as presented. Thus if the law is not followed and they are not presented, the bills do not become law.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So,......

Are they gone now? I was going to email Stevi today to see if I am still in line.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So,......

Are they gone now? I was going to email Stevi today to see if I am still in line.

As of today, no action has been taken on either SB1000 or HB1343. They still await a decision by Hogan.

At the same time, it does not appear that Hogan made any recess appointments, so, IIRC, the HPRB currently lacks a quorum required for meeting.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    As of today, no action has been taken on either SB1000 or HB1343. They still await a decision by Hogan.

At the same time, it does not appear that Hogan made any recess appointments, so, IIRC, the HPRB currently lacks a quorum required for meeting.
    I'm sure old 'Lar has it jotted down somewhere as a priority for him to get to.......I

I much prefer summer time weather for my rights to be trampled, eases the sting a little.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    According to those 8n the know, it's best if he waits u till after the special session is over if he intends to veto the bill. Otherwise, vetoes are the one thing that can be addressed in that session.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    According to those 8n the know, it's best if he waits u till after the special session is over if he intends to veto the bill. Otherwise, vetoes are the one thing that can be addressed in that session.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Too late, the Senate was in session and now they are not. It's over unless they call another Special Session .

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Neither Bill has been actioned by the Governor as of yet. There is nothing else for the General Assembly to do at this point anyway.

Hogan has 30 days from the date the bills are presented to him, or May 28, whichever comes first, to act in whichever way he chooses. Any additional discussion about veto overrides, etc., are really superfluous until he makes a decision or May 28 (where the decision is taken away from him and the bills lapse into law without his signature).

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Neither Bill has been actioned by the Governor as of yet. There is nothing else for the General Assembly to do at this point anyway.

Hogan has 30 days from the date the bills are presented to him, or May 28, whichever comes first, to act in whichever way he chooses. Any additional discussion about veto overrides, etc., are really superfluous until he makes a decision or May 28 (where the decision is taken away from him and the bills lapse into law without his signature).
    The 'S' in MDS stands for superfluous.

:D

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I predict he lets it lapse into law.

His advisors will be telling him he can have even more veto overrides in the middle of his campaign, but at the same time he can’t be labeled the gun control “republican” and the voters will be too stupid to understand that in Maryland a lapse is just the same as him signing it. So he wouldn’t be lying if he said he didn’t sign anything anti-gun....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I predict no news on the HPRB bill until right before the last bill signing, may 23rd.

I also predict people will continue to make predictions until may 22nd. And also, we will have news of Ginsburg retirement after May 9th. Actually, I can almost guarantee we will have news of Ginsburg retirement after May 9th!

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I predict no news on the HPRB bill until right before the last bill signing, may 23rd.

I also predict people will continue to make predictions until may 22nd. And also, we will have news of Ginsburg retirement after May 9th. Actually, I can almost guarantee we will have news of Ginsburg retirement after May 9th!

OK, you have to know we’re going to ask about that.....so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom