• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Deer hunting season is over, that mean deer cooking season is just starting. I made 20# of pepperoni snack sticks with venison and this would be a good recipe for Scotteroni for you diver hunters also. ;)

My blog post cover a lot of this and has the recipes on it.

img_0669.jpg

Made my first real YouTube video of the process. My daughter told me too as some people learn better from videos than written blogs. So I am doing both. It was recorded half on a iphone, so between learning new stuff and no recording mount, it can be a bit bouney and loose perspective sometimes.

So don't be too rough on me, i'm still learning videos.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Looks delicious!

Do you freeze, then defrost, grind and stuff? I've always tried to do the sausage with fresh vension.

No deer for me this year. Everyone around me started feeding and now they only hit my corn at night.

Next year, I'm going to have to hunt out near you. I have two sisters near Fairplay and one has a lot of deer hitting her property. Not as much fun as going out in the backyard, but not having deer inthe freezer feels like having an empty bank account.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hold up, what's this Karma thing? :D I said I made them, not that I was giving them away. ;)

Now, if you stop by, I'll ply you with snack stick and maybe Natural Light.

:lol:

I know just starting the morning off with a laugh . That looks so good and thanks for posting . I wish i could do that kinda stuff .:thumbsup:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Man! That looks good!

(Based on the title, just before I clicked the link, I though you were going to say you went to a gun show! ;) )

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Looks delicious!

Do you freeze, then defrost, grind and stuff? I've always tried to do the sausage with fresh vension.

No deer for me this year. Everyone around me started feeding and now they only hit my corn at night.

Next year, I'm going to have to hunt out near you. I have two sisters near Fairplay and one has a lot of deer hitting her property. Not as much fun as going out in the backyard, but not having deer inthe freezer feels like having an empty bank account.

Yes, it is frozen after processing and thawed to be made. The cooked and packaged and frozen until pulled for the fridge to eat.

Where is your sister? I hunt a farm near Devil backbone (my favorite) and a house over loaded with mountain deer we will probably give away next year or make grindage

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom