• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Precision in communication is like precision in shooting. It's a lot more persuasive when it seems purposeful and consistent.

To the extent that our entire fate (as lovers of liberty, generally, and defenders of the 2A specifically) now rests ever more on the ebb and flow of social media and online information, we've got a vested interest in coming across like we all made it out of high school intact. We all make typos! But I'll never consider it an insult or a barb if somebody corrects my spelling or punctuation. I welcome it, especially if it's a recurring mistake on my part.

Precision in communication is like precision in shooting. It's a lot more persuasive when it seems purposeful and consistent.

To the extent that our entire fate (as lovers of liberty, generally, and defenders of the 2A specifically) now rests ever more on the ebb and flow of social media and online information, we've got a vested interest in coming across like we all made it out of high school intact. We all make typos! But I'll never consider it an insult or a barb if somebody corrects my spelling or punctuation. I welcome it, especially if it's a recurring mistake on my part.

Exactly. Couldn't have punctuated it better myself.

I actually typed that the highlighted part of your post should have been a semicolon. I immediately deleted the post.
    From one smart ass to another...

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

I agree very much. IMHO it's especially important when writing to elected officials, gun rights organizations, those one is debating or defending a point. Nothing sabotages credibility faster than consistent poor spelling and grammar.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    english and grammar is impotent! that was in jest of course, and not pointed at anyone specifically in this thread, but it's hard to believe how many don't proof their posts before hitting send, with all the fat fingering and autocorrect going on.

back to the thread, i'm pretty po'd at polymer80. i bought their 80% and drilled and milled and it binds in the back. they asked for pics so i sent some to them. the guys says it 'looks' like the rear pin hole (trigger block) was mis-drilled and he'd offer me a slight discount for a replacement frame and that was all he would do. then i took out the locking block etc and put it back in the jig and sure enough the holes are drilled straight and true, and sent him those pics and zero response even after re-sending.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    english and grammar is impotent! that was in jest of course, and not pointed at anyone specifically in this thread, but it's hard to believe how many don't proof their posts before hitting send, with all the fat fingering and autocorrect going on.

back to the thread, i'm pretty po'd at polymer80. i bought their 80% and drilled and milled and it binds in the back. they asked for pics so i sent some to them. the guys says it 'looks' like the rear pin hole (trigger block) was mis-drilled and he'd offer me a slight discount for a replacement frame and that was all he would do. then i took out the locking block etc and put it back in the jig and sure enough the holes are drilled straight and true, and sent him those pics and zero response even after re-sending.

Rear binding is not abnormal, I have found, in these P80s. It is something easily overcome with the right tweaking. Usually it is the thingy that sticks up from the trigger bar. Sometimes, a simple polishing will cure it. Sometimes, a little filing will be needed first. Have you checked the front and rear rails to make sure they're on the same plane? If they are not, that needs to be fixed first.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Sometimes, a little filing will be needed first.

Couldn't get mine right until I spent about 90 seconds with a file, then some fine sandpaper. First hundred rounds shot flawlessly, and then a clean/lube/shoot/repeat, and it's smooth as can be. But it was no go until I was willing to remove a gnat's ass worth of metal from those P80-provided pieces. The inevitable next one will be smoother sailing. Learny learn learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom