• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Online auction with in-person previews occuring at Howard County Fairgrounds.

Listings are live and auction ends Friday 1/8/21 with bids starting to close at 7PM.

I'm not personally affiliated with the auction (though I do have a few lots listed), but I've dealt with them in the past, they are very easy to deal with and honest.

Decent selection of firearms, but mostly rifles and shotguns, some new though, most everything in good condition. Plenty of knives, holsters, and quite a bit of ammo, but I expect prices to go high.

Firearm transfers are handled through Site Affiliate South Carroll Sporting Goods, everything else is cash and carry, though they accept credit cards, 10% premium for cash or check, 15% premium for cards.

Auction details listed below.

https://maryland.hibid.com/catalog/255600/sportsman-auction/?g=all-categories&ipp=10

Monday, January 4th, 2021 through Friday, January 8th, 2021; 7:00 PM

www.gregorysautions.com

Hibid.com

2210 Fairgrounds Rd., West Friendship, MD 21794

Associated Auctioneers and Appraisers is proud to offer our exclusive online only auction. To include but not limited to over 100 lots of rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers, ammo, hunting gear, gun parts, knives, bows and more....this auction will be offered exclusively online, it can be found by visiting our website www.GregorysAuctions.com

Preview will be only Tuesday January 5th, Thursday January 7th, and Friday January 8th from 10am to 5pm

(410) 489-7200

ALL MARYLAND FIREARM LAWS APPLY TO IN STATE RESIDENTS, PLEASE KNOW AND LEARN YOUR STATES FIREARM POLICIES BEFORE BIDDING, THANK YOU!

ALL FIREARMS WILL BE TRANSFERRED BY LOCAL FFL DEALER

PICK UP WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT, APPOINTMENT CAN BE MADE WITH SOUTH CARROLL SPORTING GOODS, (BRIAN WALKER) AT 410-988-2068

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I had my eye on a few things but once you add in the 10% buyers premium the prices weren't " must have prices".

Interesting deal though.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I had my eye on a few things but once you add in the 10% buyers premium the prices weren't " must have prices".

Interesting deal though.

Ditto, I was interested in a few rifles, but after 6% tax and 10% bid premium, nothing screamed "It's too good a deal to pass up". A couple of bidding wars took place as expected. At the last minute, you found out what folks were interested in, as some of the bids jumped... lol

Thanks OP for the heads-up though.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Ditto, I was interested in a few rifles, but after 6% tax and 10% bid premium, nothing screamed "It's too good a deal to pass up".

Then you weren't looking close enough at a couple of the items on there. Somebody absolutely stole that H&K .22 trainer kit for close to half of what they've sold for at other auctions recently.

A member on this board grabbed a very rare rifle for less than they've been going elsewhere as well.

On my end, I grabbed a set of CT grips for a song, a nice English double-gun for far less than they've been getting at other auctions and a reasonable price on a pattern 1907 bayo for the SMLE.

The Parker Bros. GH Grade shotgun went for about what it was worth, but that Evans cased .410 is a bespoke gun that commands about 2-3x what was paid for it in more visible auctions. There were definitely some deals to be had.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    My buddy got the Charles Daly semi 12 gauge. I was mainly interested in the colt official police revolver with 2 barrels. I want another wheel gun, and I want another colt. I legit thought I won it, stopped checking and someone snagged it from my last second. I prematurely celebrated the new addition to the family. However I’m not too upset, I’ll find something else to adopt soon.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    My buddy got the Charles Daly semi 12 gauge. I was mainly interested in the colt official police revolver with 2 barrels. I want another wheel gun, and I want another colt. I legit thought I won it, stopped checking and someone snagged it from my last second. I prematurely celebrated the new addition to the family. However I’m not too upset, I’ll find something else to adopt soon.

Yeah, you have to keep your eye on their auctions because any bid that comes in within the last minute resets the clock and adds another 2min 30 seconds to the lot. That way there's no real "bid sniping" but if you don't watch it until the very end and it says "closing" someone can step in, put in a bid, and hope you've moved on and don't see the clock reset.

What did the Charles Daly go for?

I was bidding on the Mass Arms 12ga single which appears to be one of the Maynard-built guns from either in the early part of the Stevens takeover, or just right before (not a Maynard-type action, but not a standard Stevens gun pattern either). It was early in the auction though (#6), and I really don't have much practical use for a single-barrel 12ga, so I stopped chasing when it got up to $80 as there was no point in throwing money that could bolster my bid on the English double (Likely a from a Birmingham house). Parts would be difficult to find if anything was bad on it as well.

I also threw in some bids on the absolute beater H&R and Stevens singles that were missing the forends. Those are easy enough to find, but the crowns were so jacked that it's going to take some work to get them working. The Stevens had a hose clamp holding the stock to the tang. I was hoping to snag it cheap (sub $40) so I could practice some techniques on it (rust bluing, cutting and re-crowning the muzzle, etc.) but someone else thought it was worth more than that.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Then you weren't looking close enough at a couple of the items on there. Somebody absolutely stole that H&K .22 trainer kit for close to half of what they've sold for at other auctions recently.

A member on this board grabbed a very rare rifle for less than they've been going elsewhere as well.

On my end, I grabbed a set of CT grips for a song, a nice English double-gun for far less than they've been getting at other auctions and a reasonable price on a pattern 1907 bayo for the SMLE.

The Parker Bros. GH Grade shotgun went for about what it was worth, but that Evans cased .410 is a bespoke gun that commands about 2-3x what was paid for it in more visible auctions. There were definitely some deals to be had.

No disrespect, but what you or someone else may be interested in purchasing doesn't necessarily align with my interests. Didn't say there weren't any deals or bargains, just nothing of interest to me at the prices available. Glad you or anyone else were able to procure some bargains though. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom