• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I just got two identical form letters from Sen. Middleton claiming victory for removing the thumbhole stock from the definition of assault weapons. Both letters had my address, but had my name comically wrong (and I have a common name). This is the only response I've gotten in two months from any of the Charles County reps.

It gave me a chuckle, and I just wanted to share. As I'm a single issue voter on the subject of thumbhole stocks, Mac definitely has my vote for as long as I live in Maryland.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I received the same letter today. It is dated March 27. I don't know why it took so long to get here. My only issue with Mac is that he voted for cloture, and I don't know how I feel about that. My hardcore win at all costs self says I don't like it one bit, because principle stands supreme. He has given some song and dance about receiving something good for southern MD for his vote, and he knew it would pass anyway. It still sticks in my craw. If someone ran against him that made it clear they were strongly pro 2A I would be sorely tempted to go in that direction.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i believe he sent that letter to everyone who emailed , called, sent letters or went by his office. he has outstayed his welcome, in my opinion. he flat out lied to me and then when i called him on cloture he acted like he didnt know what that meant. f him.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    when i called him on cloture he acted like he didnt know what that meant

Well, he was probably simply allowed to vote no on the bill by the governor and his people. Even though the "yes" votes appeared to have come from a few counties, no doubt more could have been generated from elsewhere if they were needed.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    i believe he sent that letter to everyone who emailed , called, sent letters or went by his office. he has outstayed his welcome, in my opinion. he flat out lied to me and then when i called him on cloture he acted like he didnt know what that meant. f him.

I heard that! All the same, my first priority for dismissal is going to be Murphy, followed by Jameson and then Middleton. As for Wilson, I still haven't found out how he voted on amendments. He seemed to be with us when I met him in his office, but they all try to work the fence...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I heard that! All the same, my first priority for dismissal is going to be Murphy, followed by Jameson and then Middleton. As for Wilson, I still haven't found out how he voted on amendments. He seemed to be with us when I met him in his office, but they all try to work the fence...

the way i see it the only one in southern md that should stay are Roy Dyson and Tony Odonell. the rest had to ask the govenor how to vote and not us.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Well, he was probably simply allowed to vote no on the bill by the governor and his people. Even though the "yes" votes appeared to have come from a few counties, no doubt more could have been generated from elsewhere if they were needed.

i am sure he was "allowed" to vote that way by the govenor. as for his cloture vote i believe he didnt think anyone would find out or know what it meant.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    If you look at the pictures of the voting process, he took a loooooong time to vote. The real 2A supports voted against it very fast.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If you look at the pictures of the voting process, he took a loooooong time to vote. The real 2A supports voted against it very fast.

he was just waiting to be allowed to vote that way. i am sure they let him know when he could vote against it somehow. i just cant get passed him lieing to me and making out he didnt know what i was talking about when i called him on cloture.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

I'm curious why you want to oust Jameson? I haven't looked at her amendment vote record yet.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    the way i see it the only one in southern md that should stay are Roy Dyson and Tony Odonell. the rest had to ask the govenor how to vote and not us.

CT Wilson is good man. He owns and shoots AR's and has a carry permit. We don't have enough friends to be making mistakes. Peter Murphy is a douche all right but I'm not so sure about Sally Jameson. She was against this all the way. I'm on the board this morning to start researching the facts - I know Murphy voted against every amendment, voted for letting it out of committee, then voted against the final bill. I figure he had permission so he could lie about supporting 2A next year. If we come off the anti everyone and he says he voted against it, he'll probably get 50% of the gun vote. Does anyone have the full vote tally? I'm curious what Sally did on the amendments. When I spoke with her she said she was totally against 281. If she put her vote where mouth is then we need her. A woman delegate who specializes in woman's issues and is pro - 2A!!
    Then there's Mac. Make up your own mind about his vote for cloture but at least think it through. He's not a bad a guy and he did vote no both times. The demographics and polling in district 28 indicate the voted against his constituency to support us. Not trying to tell anyone what to think here, I'm just concerned that we could wind up bad mouthing good people and hurting our own cause.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    CT Wilson is good man. He owns and shoots AR's and has a carry permit. We don't have enough friends to be making mistakes. Peter Murphy is a douche all right but I'm not so sure about Sally Jameson. She was against this all the way. I'm on the board this morning to start researching the facts - I know Murphy voted against every amendment, voted for letting it out of committee, then voted against the final bill. I figure he had permission so he could lie about supporting 2A next year. If we come off the anti everyone and he says he voted against it, he'll probably get 50% of the gun vote. Does anyone have the full vote tally? I'm curious what Sally did on the amendments. When I spoke with her she said she was totally against 281. If she put her vote where mouth is then we need her. A woman delegate who specializes in woman's issues and is pro - 2A!!
    Then there's Mac. Make up your own mind about his vote for cloture but at least think it through. He's not a bad a guy and he did vote no both times. The demographics and polling in district 28 indicate the voted against his constituency to support us. Not trying to tell anyone what to think here, I'm just concerned that we could wind up bad mouthing good people and hurting our own cause.

i will check into delegate wilson. i do not want to push away any friends of the constitution. as for jameson, i would like to see a full accounting of amendment votes but i was under the impression she voted against most of them

as for mac, i have known him my whole life and my father has known him before i was born. he was once a good man and a good politician. now he DOES not vote for his constituents. i know no one in southern chuck county that believes in the way he now votes. and he lied to me and spoke to me like i was a child when i called him on cloture. he was shocked that anyone knew and caught him so f*ck him. if i have anything to do with it none of the good ole boys from home will ever vote for him again. it may not count for much but it will show him what we think of him down there now.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Wilson or Jamison I cant remember which wasn't on either committee. I believe. Murphy and Wilson I believe voted lockstep with the anti's and only voted against the bill with permission to save face. We will be having a SMIBville Liberty Tree event coming up in the next few weeks to discuss our options offline.

Last edited:

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I'm disillusioned with Mac too. Like you said, I think he was a good guy - just been in the cesspool too long. His big office at the end of his private wing is more important than what he's sposed to be doing. I worry a lot that 90% of the gun owners will get lazy and forget. The other 10% will be screaming anti's. We need to record the facts then tote em out at election time. BTW - CT has a lot going for him from our point of view. A black, veteran, church going ex prosecutor with common sense. Wilson and Jameson are both electable. The best candidate is kinda like a life preserver - there when you need em.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Wilson wasn't on either committee I believe. Murphy and Jamison I believe voted lockstep with the anti's and only voted against the bill with permission to save face. We will be having a SMIBville Liberty Tree event coming up in the next few weeks to discuss our options offline.

+1 on murphy - you have the data on jameson?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom