• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    Bay Country Crabbing Supply on Mayo Road in Edgewater has them. I know you said not near Annapolis but that didn't stop anyone else from suggesting someplace near Annapolis so I figured I'd pile on.

Read this before eating too many Baltimore crabs.
    I wont crab up there.

http://www.mde.state.md.us/programs...ocs/Maryland_Fish_Advisories_2014_March17.pdf

crabs and fish migrate and move around ????

eels do bury themselves in the mud to avoid being eaten, so eels are extra sensitive

note - crab sellers will never tell you if those crabs come from the inner harbor - in the old days you could always tell a sparrows point crab

:lol:

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Here's this weeks update from DNR on crabbing.

Attachments

• IMG_4529.jpg
      IMG_4529.jpg
      97.5 KB · Views: 298

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Thanks for all the replies. Ended up going over the bridge so stopped at anglers and picked up some razor clams and bait bags. Ran a little test with chicken necks tied to an 1100' trotline vs 20 topless traps with clams. Traps out did the line about 3 to one. So now to do the 1100' line with clams. Ended the day with a little less than a bushel but some large crab with the average 61/2 +.
    Great day so going to stock up on clams and let taco bell buy the chicken necks.:lol2:

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Sorry to hijack this thread but it sounds like somedog's question was answered and I've got a question that I think the above posters can help with!

I'm interested in getting two commercial grade crab traps--the kind I can leave in the water to soak overnight. I have private property in the lower Potomac and am aware of the registration requirement and 100 yard rule. In fact, I get crabs all the time from my dock by dip netting at this spot and would like to work a little smarter not harder by leaving a pot out in the water :) http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/blue-crabs-chesapeake-bay-tidal-tributaries/

Can any of you recommend a good crab pot to purchase? I've been wanting to do this for several years but haven't pulled the trigger yet, in part because it's hard to tell which one to get. Thanks!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sorry to hijack this thread but it sounds like somedog's question was answered and I've got a question that I think the above posters can help with!

I'm interested in getting two commercial grade crab traps--the kind I can leave in the water to soak overnight. I have private property in the lower Potomac and am aware of the registration requirement and 100 yard rule. In fact, I get crabs all the time from my dock by dip netting at this spot and would like to work a little smarter not harder by leaving a pot out in the water :) http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/blue-crabs-chesapeake-bay-tidal-tributaries/

Can any of you recommend a good crab pot to purchase? I've been wanting to do this for several years but haven't pulled the trigger yet, in part because it's hard to tell which one to get. Thanks!

This may help.
    http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/fishing/recreational-crabbing-licenses-crab-pot-restrictions/

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads