• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

squaregrouper's glory. I have got to buy you a beer sometime. This was fabulous.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

squaregrouper's glory. I have got to buy you a beer sometime. This was fabulous.

That was marvelous.

Thanks for that clip. I tried to watch in via the links posted earlier but for some reason could not get them to work.

AC was pretty triggered. She should have saved up some of her fake crying to respond to SG's testimony.

"Interesting. Thank you very much." :lol2:

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Well played Sir…….

Attachments

• Beavis & Butthead 1.jpg
      Beavis & Butthead 1.jpg
      10.5 KB · Views: 639

ash153

Mar 26, 2013
    Fruitland, MD
    I don't have time to read through all 59 pages on this thread. Can someone tell me what I can do to help stop HB1261 (and the other anti 2A bills)? I got the NRA email to contact our legislators and did that, but I want to do more. I live on the Eastern Shore and have never gone to Annapolis over legislation, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I should have done more in 2013. Years from now I don't want to be saying that about 2020.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't have time to read through all 59 pages on this thread. Can someone tell me what I can do to help stop HB1261 (and the other anti 2A bills)? I got the NRA email to contact our legislators and did that, but I want to do more. I live on the Eastern Shore and have never gone to Annapolis over legislation, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I should have done more in 2013. Years from now I don't want to be saying that about 2020.

Join MSI (Maryland Shall Issue). They need it for the lawsuits they are bringing against the state for various infringements. They're the only ones fighting exclusively for MD in the courts. While you're at it, send as much as you can afford. Those lawsuits are expensive. (They're all-volunteer, and their President is a lawyer, but there are fees and expert witnesses who don't come cheap).

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

We talked about this several pages ago in this thread.

I know Kyle is most likely visiting MSP today in Pikesville for info on how to obtain firearm record registration from them. I just offer a little more while we wait for his experiences.

I did use the Public Information request form in the link above requesting my records as well. I sent the web form to them Wednesday (two days ago) and received a response from them stating that they have located my records. However due to the sensitive information contained within them, they gave me the email address of a First Sergeant to which I am to make an appointment for a date and time to pick up a copy.

This letter is to inform you that the Maryland State Police has located the records relevant to your request. Due to the sensitive, protected nature of information, we require that you make arrangements to pick up the records in person. To schedule a date and time for pick up, please contact xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. The First Sergeant may be contacted via email at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx

Last edited:

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Saw an interesting 2A lawyer perspective on VA and even would play into this. Stated that since the 4th circuit ruled "not in common use by the military" that the AW ban was upheld and VA wouldn't have a chance to go through the 4th circuit as it was already ruled on. Would also mean this garbage bill wouldn't hold up to any case headed back to the 4th circuit. He said the only chance is if SCOTUS accepts the MA case.

Can anyone chime in on if that is valid or if there are other means? Sounds like we are losing chess pieces since SCOTUS refuses to rule on the 2A

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Sounds like we are losing chess pieces since SCOTUS refuses to rule on the 2A

And that's my biggest concern. Short of a knockout punch from from SCOTUS, you know the GA will just keep going.

So even if we manage to get HB1261, or at least some of it, killed this year, next year, it'll be a slightly more watered down version. Everyone who remembers how hard FSA2013 was fought should see, many if not all, the "victories" from that fight being overtaken here.

For these clowns, it's not a matter of getting everything passed, it's a matter of getting as much passed as they can each session. This keeps the Bloomberg money coming in. And just think how pissed Mini Mike is going to be if he doesn't get to buy the Presidency.

Anyways, I really think SCOTUS needs to broadly rule on gun bans and licensing/registration requirements one way or the other. If it goes our way, we should be safe for generations. If not...

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Saw an interesting 2A lawyer perspective on VA and even would play into this. Stated that since the 4th circuit ruled "not in common use by the military" that the AW ban was upheld and VA wouldn't have a chance to go through the 4th circuit as it was already ruled on. Would also mean this garbage bill wouldn't hold up to any case headed back to the 4th circuit. He said the only chance is if SCOTUS accepts the MA case.

Can anyone chime in on if that is valid or if there are other means? Sounds like we are losing chess pieces since SCOTUS refuses to rule on the 2A
    I wonder what these military gear only judges would think of repealing the NFA?

ash153

Mar 26, 2013
    Fruitland, MD
    Thanks. Done! If you know the folks running it, their are serious problems with their website. Could not join using Chrome. Had to use another browser. If anyone has any other suggestions on getting more involved, please let me know.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    We talked about this several pages ago in this thread.

I know Kyle is most likely visiting MSP today in Pikesville for info on how to obtain firearm record registration from them. I just offer a little more while we wait for his experiences.

I did use the Public Information request form in the link above requesting my records as well. I sent the web form to them Wednesday (two days ago) and received a response from them stating that they have located my records. However due to the sensitive information contained within them, they gave me the email address of a First Sergeant to which I am to make an appointment for a date and time to pick up a copy.

This letter is to inform you that the Maryland State Police has located the records relevant to your request. Due to the sensitive, protected nature of information, we require that you make arrangements to pick up the records in person. To schedule a date and time for pick up, please contact xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. The First Sergeant may be contacted via email at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx

Just got an appointment for next Wednesday to pick up my data from the MSP. Quick response from them :thumbsup:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Just got an appointment for next Wednesday to pick up my data from the MSP. Quick response from them :thumbsup:

Curious, how did you word your FOIA/PIA request to MSP? I'm going to put one in myself to see what they have, thinking of something like this:

I am requesting a copy of any information MSP has retained on firearms I have purchased or sold in Maryland as noted on a form 77r, and any data on such that may be currently owned by/registered to me.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Curious, how did you word your FOIA/PIA request to MSP? I'm going to put one in myself to see what they have, thinking of something like this:

I am requesting a copy of any information MSP has retained on firearms I have purchased or sold in Maryland as noted on a form 77r, and any data on such that may be currently owned by/registered to me.

I worded it:

I would like a copy of any firearms that are officially registered with the Maryland State Police under my name, for my own personal records. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom