• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Posted Sep 1, 2020 by Parabellum
    Today marks nine weeks out from the election. Based upon forum activity in the leadup to the 2016 election, I feel it appropriate to address the posting members of this forum, as this time around, we'll see the kinds of things we had last time, and then some.

I have one superstition in this life. Perhaps it would be more correct to call it a belief: If you want something too badly, chances are, you're not going to get it.

All of us yearn for prosperity and we hope for long life and health for ourselves, our families and our friends. We wish for happiness at all moments, though this is unattainable. It's natural to hope for and to strive for these things, but, is there much we- the Americans who love their country and believe in the Constitution of the United States- want more right now than to see President Trump re-elected? I think not. Consequently, much anxiety is attached to the upcoming election, especially since we know the well-deserved and much earned reputation of leftists and the Democratic party of being cheating, lying, conniving, amoral scum. They will do everything they can to steal this election. Everyone knows it.
    So, even though we feel President Trump has earned re-election with his performance these last four years and even though we feel that centrists and even more than a few on the left see what the man has done for us, we worry. No one can be faulted for being quite concerned right now. So very much is at stake that there is no way to fully describe what teeters in the balance at this moment.

Having acknowledged this, I want to tell you something about myself that many longtime members may already know: I cannot tolerate overt expressions of fear coming from grown men. We are not children. We have seen much of this world- its callousness, cruelty and barbarity. Each of us have had the experiences of being wounded, cheated, slighted, wronged, discounted and perhaps even being forgotten altogether. We have witnessed- directly or indirectly- the horror of war. This can be an unforgiving world. And yet, here you are, upright and breathing. Nature has yet to defeat you. Recently, I said to all here that anyone drawing breath right now should give themselves a pat on the back just for getting out of bed in the morning to face it all. None of us asked to be here. Each of you possess untapped reserves of strength. On the pages of this forum, gentlemen, I want each of you to display that strength and courage. This is the kind of behavior which should be displayed in a battle, and no one should mistake it- this is a battle, perhaps one of the most important most of us will fight.

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Bolster your fellow man. Defy the enemy. Stand up and shake your fist in their faces and dare them to come on. Should the unthinkable happen- and it is a possibility- there will be time enough for lamentations, but, until such time, don't give an inch. Do not give these America-hating, liberty-stealing criminals a moment's satisfaction. Do this, and when the time comes, we can rejoice at our victory, savor it, flaunt it to those who seek to destroy this nation, and by your courage and defiance in the leadup to that victory, it shall be all the sweeter.

Do this for me. Do it for yourselves. Do it for your country, its flag, and its Constitution. Here's to victory in the most important election of our lives and here's to the preservation of our Union. May Almighty God bless the United States of America and hold it in His hand.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    gtfoav!

get out and vote! take nothing for granted. get your family out voting also. you saw what happened in virginia last year. do whatever you can to NOT let that happen locally or nationally.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    gtfoav!

get out and vote! take nothing for granted. get your family out voting also. you saw what happened in virginia last year. do whatever you can to NOT let that happen locally or nationally.

This is the simple most important piece of wisdom. Democrats are mobilized and active and are voting. They are also betting on Republicans who hate Trump staying home and Republicans who like Trump being confident that Trump will get 400+ electoral votes and will easy into a landslide win and thus staying home, or either group not trusting voting and thus not voting.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Agreed Republicans need to get out there and vote. Dont assume victory until its official. If Joe and the Hoe win current laws will be known as the glory days

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    gtfoav!

More importantly, vote in person! Expect mail-in ballots to be magically lost and replaced with a Biden ballot.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    My take is get out and vote look at it we are behind and therefore continue the fight. Remember never underestimate the enemy. Vote in person. Dems love the vote early, because it is in their favor. The closer it gets to election day I think the better for the president.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom