Your Preference to Carry in The GREAT STATE of MD ( sarcasm included)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    G43 or PPSm2. I can shoot my PPSm2 very accurately for such a small gun. The p365 seemed front heavy to me, compared to others similarly sized pistols.

Agreed.

I shoot the slightly larger and heavier Walther noticably better than the Glock.
    But the Glock is doable for pocket carry. The Walther not so much.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Get close to a million rounds or 100k SIMS rounds and training, then man up to me.
    But it's great you replace stoves in kitchens. Not everyone can do something for America, but that's ok. You're better than most here since you have the coveted carry permit. You show that every time you post. And nothing you've done has helped anyone else get theirs. You must be proud.

Alec-Baldwin-Drunk.gif

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Back to the question. I carry the weapon I'm most proficient with which happens to be my Sig P228. It's med size but I also carry two extra magazines so I adapt my clothing to the weapon not the other way. I could carry a mouser but why when I can wear an untuck shirt as you mentioned or a vest to conceal. Just my two cents as when the S$%^ does hit the fan you want to be able to operate (shooting, reloading, and clearing) your weapon without any hesitation. Chris

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Cary the biggest gun you can comfortably conceal. For some people, a 43 is all the can manage.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Current weapon is fine when i wear Jeans and a un-tucked button down shirt, dress pants and tucked in shirt not going to happen. I have invested in a bunch of new sport coats to solve that issue but still looking for something smaller.
    I'm in the same boat. When you are accustomed to business casual, anything else feels slovenly.

A lot depends on your build. If you can reach under your armpit and put fingers on the deltoid muscle behind the arm, you can do a shoulder holster. Which has a lot of advantages if you can get away with a jacket all the time.

Other options would be ankle carry, or a pocket holster.

Guns I'd add to consideration would be the Seecamp and possibly the Remington RM380. The Seecamp, in particular, is perfect for the front pocket of your pants.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the G43, I own one and use it when I have to absolutely be concealed and make the calculated risk to choose concealment over capacity. It gets carried very little because when everything is equal I'd rather have more rounds available than not. To proclaim it as the best carry gun and forget the rest is complete foolishness, IMO.

I was jazzed when the 365 came out but after hearing about some of the issues I wanted to put waaay more rounds through it than I normally do before I absolutely could trust it and have it take the place of the 43. That time has come for me but I certainly wouldn't say that the 365 is the best carry gun for everyone.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What do you use currently for perspective ?

* Speaking on the subject generally *
    For the major part , this is a clothes issue more than a gun issue . Dress around the gun .

That said , tucked in business casual is the worst scenario for carrying a serious pistol . Alas, it is also a mode I rarely do. When not wearing ( mandated apparel ) , I tend to casual- casual , or dressy . Dating myself, but back in the day, leisure suits might have been purpose designed for CCW .

But the best practices may be to tweek the wardrobe slightly up or down . In warmer weather , a nice Guybera or Hawaiian shirt . Or a comfortable , casual looking sport coat . Or the unfortunately recently deceased Concealed Carry Clothiers had vests in a myriad of styles , many of which weren't tacticool, and could have adapted to office wear.

As to the pistol choices listed, neither I , nor anyone else can know which one you would shoot best / plenty well enough . IF * I * were to aquire somthing in that size range , rather than one of my current , I know my first one to seriously consider would be a Shield . ( Because in my hand , I can shoot one as well as an average "service size" pistol .)

Likewise , a fan of the Bauer ( a stainless clone of Baby Browning ). For a hammerless compact .25acp , that's as good as it get .

Reading between that statement , I categorically can not recommend any .25acp for serious purposes . Subcompact .32acp overlap the size of .25's , and make .25s totally functionally obsolete .

When no alternatives existed , .25's were grudgingly accepted despite their flaws . But within 24hrs of the introduction of the first reliable .32acp compact that cost less than a Seacamp , all .25acps instantly became plinkers, and cute paperweights .

May 8, 2018
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I did not know about the Sig 365 issues so i want to look into that more. Asked in post #8 by Bullfrog, and post #35 Bigfoot, I currently carry Springfiend xdm compact 3.8 in 40cal. This is great and i have lots of rounds through this weapon in many different training "simulations". I was primarily looking for something single stack like the 43 or the Springfiend xds in 45 cal. Not wanting to go any smaller then a 380 and I do want to test each weapon out before purchase.

Blaster226 post#2 I like the Nexbelt. I currently have the Bigfoot gun belt and that works great with Jeans but with Dress pants not so much. I will look into this.

I do like the idea of becoming a pizza delivery driver that would make the long nights better!!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you like your XDm Compact , then test drive an XDs .

Yes, XDm are chunky . Heck , even fondle an old school plain XD , they are noticeably slimer than the XDm .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Forget the 26 vs 43, it feels like a brick in comparison. You can get a Magguts spring and get 7+1, take a look at GeePlate as well, have a friend in Texas that developed them.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Forget the 26 vs 43, it feels like a brick in comparison. You can get a Magguts spring and get 7+1, take a look at GeePlate as well, have a friend in Texas that developed them.

Has there been any testing on the reliability of that spring versus the pierce +1 with stock spring?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    My sincerest apologies go out to Schipperke for a grievous error in my part. I thought I was in a text box sending a note to my brother and instead posted in a thread box here.

Again, a serious goof on my part and I am very sorry for this.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Has there been any testing on the reliability of that spring versus the pierce +1 with stock spring?

I probably have about 500 rounds through mine with no problem. Another option that I’ve played around with but haven’t shot is the stock mag, Magguts spring and Vickers +2 for 9 rounds. Hopefully if Glock comes out with a 43x the mags are compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom