Am I Paranoid for Finding This Suspicious?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Well not a million to buy a place out this way, even on the MD side. Foreclosure next door with 3.5 acres sold for 250k or something, the new owner DOES have alot of repair work to do to the house though. Former owners it turns out had some indoor animal hoarder problems. I saw and smelled the carpeting he ripped out. He was santitizing the underlying plywood with 40% hydrogen peroxide.

Other properties with a house in good condition sell 300k-450k. Go right over into New Freedom PA to Koller Point subdivision ( not a big ugly tract like some) and the houses start at 250.00.They are modest houses, not McMansions. Very little crime, and on the PA side you can carry!

If you can afford the 200-250k and the commute isn't a big problem, check that area out. It's real close to I83.

As to Owings mills, it was pretty ugly 10 years ago, so I have an idea of what you mean.

PA isn't an option unfortunately, I would love it, but it would add another hour to my drive each way.

The crime in O. Mills pretty much started with the MTA bringing the inner city folk out into the county.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    9 years of Ninjutsu, I know how to fight. Either way, just asking. Several people called me paranoid for arming myself.

I would not give much credence to what other people think. It is your house and your life you are protecting, not theirs.

Some people feel it is better to be ill prepared and claim moral superiority in their trust of the goodwill of man, as long as nothing happens. If something does happen then it is an unfortunate tragedy.

I live in the hood. I would rather leave the goodwill of man, moral superiority, and tragedy BS to someone else. Fact: Bad people do bad things to good people. My neighbor woke up with a knife to his throat. I would rather keep a loaded gun around the house for the rest of my life than not have one the one time I need it.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I would not give much credence to what other people think. It is your house and your life you are protecting, not theirs.

Some people feel it is better to be ill prepared and claim moral superiority in their trust of the goodwill of man, as long as nothing happens. If something does happen then it is an unfortunate tragedy.

I live in the hood. I would rather leave the goodwill of man, moral superiority, and tragedy BS to someone else. Bad people do bad things to good people. My neighbor woke up with a knife to his throat. I would rather keep a loaded gun around the house for the rest of my life than not have one the one time I need it.

Yep, better to be safe indeed. There's no "goodwill to man" anymore. The only Goodwill these days is the store. I work too damn hard to come home and deal with this nonsense.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    let them know you have weapons in your house????

it doesn't take a high IQ for some one to wait for you to leave before breaking in... and the ability to get a gun would be enough reason to target you.

Dont tip your hand to a complete stranger.

Very good point! Then again if someone wanted to know if I have weapons all they would have to do is look at my shirt, my hat, or my car.:innocent0 At least getting to them when I'm not home won't be very easy.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    PA isn't an option unfortunately, I would love it, but it would add another hour to my drive each way.

The crime in O. Mills pretty much started with the MTA bringing the inner city folk out into the county.
    Not being a smart-ass, how much of a commute can you take? It's great to live nearby work, but at the cost of your property/life.

Agree 100% on MTA.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Not being a smart-ass, how much of a commute can you take? It's great to live nearby work, but at the cost of your property/life.

Agree 100% on MTA.

Westside 695 is a bitch to drive in during rush hour, and I also don't want to be getting home at 8:00 because of traffic/distance. My commute is 30 minutes with very bad traffic. What about like Carroll County area? Hampsted, Westminster, etc.

Either way, MTA needs to stay the hell in the city.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Westside 695 is a bitch to drive in during rush hour, and I also don't want to be getting home at 8:00 because of traffic/distance. My commute is 30 minutes with very bad traffic. What about like Carroll County area? Hampsted, Westminster, etc.

Either way, MTA needs to stay the hell in the city.
    Those options are good, though crime is creeping in there as well.

It helps if you can commute at slightly off hours, but that's not always an option.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I've been using CrimeReports, I just recently found that site.

I grew up in York PA. On SpotCrime, I went back to October 1992, to today, NO crime at all within 3 miles of my house, not a thing.

I guess they are too busy putting in entries for DC- MD ( Pg county).. My area lit up like the national Christmas tree.:sad20:

Yeah I've already had someone casing the neighborhood. He was coming around late at night for a few nights trying to sell BGE subsidiary gas and electric, no ID, no company name, just some ghetto-made flyer. But yeah, especially near Baltimore or outside DC. I ALWAYS have my phone on me, mostly because I use it so much. Weapons are always very close to me at home as well.

But this was kind of the last straw. I'm tired of this neighborhood, I'm looking into the townhouses next to the Reisterstown Food Lion. They're $1800 a month, which should attract a higher class of living, and according to crime stats, not much happens there.

I'm right down the street from here on Main Street, just North of Hannah Moore. Knock on wood, it has been pretty quiet since I moved here aprrox 1.5 years ago. I did come home one night and the ghetto bird was flying low over the apartments just south of me, I believe they are called Butler Ridge. It is what it is. The lady and I will regularly walk up to The Cow and Martha and Mary's, sometimes extending into the evening hours. I've never felt threatened. Heck, a good number of the people that you pass will smile and say hello.Those townhomes are tucked away nicely. All in all it's pretty quiet up here, just how I like it. My landlord is my soon to be father in law, and he owns the housenext to mine in addition to the one behind us, plus a large parcel of land that connects them all. He's pretty thorough about screening his tenants, and many have been renting from him for years. I try to be pretty dilligent about keeping an eye on things, especially coming from the city. My fiance thinks I'm nuts.:rolleyes:

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I'm right down the street from here on Main Street, just North of Hannah Moore. Knock on wood, it has been pretty quiet since I moved here aprrox 1.5 years ago. I did come home one night and the ghetto bird was flying low over the apartments just south of me, I believe they are called Butler Ridge. It is what it is. The lady and I will regularly walk up to The Cow and Martha and Mary's, sometimes extending into the evening hours. I've never felt threatened. Heck, a good number of the people that you pass will smile and say hello.Those townhomes are tucked away nicely. All in all it's pretty quiet up here, just how I like it. My landlord is my soon to be father in law, and he owns the housenext to mine in addition to the one behind us, plus a large parcel of land that connects them all. He's pretty thorough about screening his tenants, and many have been renting from him for years. I try to be pretty dilligent about keeping an eye on things, especially coming from the city. My fiance thinks I'm nuts.:rolleyes:

Wow you lived in the city? Brave man... You know which townhomes I mean right? The ones right next to Food Lion, not behind it. I think they were built in like 2003? It's $1800 a month for 3 bedrooms, but it's well worth it if it's as nice as you say. But yes, north of Hannah Moore is safe. There are some isolated incidents near the Royal Farms (near Food Lion) on Main st. but it's mainly bus stop issues as far as I can tell. Farmer's and Merchant's was robbed at gunpoint 5 times in a month, they now have to buzz you in, and you must walk through a metal detector to enter. The Royal Farms I just mentioned (the one under construction now) is also robbed pretty frequently. Aside from that, it's not bad north of Hannah Moore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom