• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Dwight Pettit, a prominent civil rights attorney from Baltimore recently spoke to MSI and the public about the right of self defense and in particular, how Maryland's laws disenfranchise those from different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.

In the midst of another extremely violent and crime-ridden year, the law abiding residents of Baltimore are left defenseless due to the discriminatory and difficult nature of Maryland's gun laws. It's perhaps more important than ever that the laws are changed in respect to the imperative right of self defense that we all have.

To learn more about Maryland Shall Issue and join, visit us at www.marylandshallissue.org

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm sorry, but at 53 second mark he says, "...the Constitution and the government grant us..."

When it comes to the Amendments, the government does NOT grant me any of them. They are mine by birthright. I would gladly share the vid on Facebook, but for the mistaken statement I can not.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    I'm sorry, but at 53 second mark he says, "...the Constitution and the government grant us..."

When it comes to the Amendments, the government does NOT grant me any of them. They are mine by birthright. I would gladly share the vid on Facebook, but for the mistaken statement I can not.

Yes! If a government can grant a right, then it can certainly take back that right.

I have a real problem with people that believe healthcare is a basic human right, and that Obamacare has granted it to them. That “right” can at some point be rescinded by the government if it sees fit, therefore how can it truly be an inalienable right?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Good catch. This is probably the most common misstatement about the Constitution even from “Constitutionalists”.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, if these are rights for man, without regard to government, why are they not universal around the world?????

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Hmm, if these are rights for man, without regard to government, why are they not universal around the world?????

Rights are abstract, an arbitrary social construct dependent on the society and/or culture one is born in. Rights are fashioned by man and adjudicated by man. Natural rights is just something coined from 18th century European enlightenment period. I think you knew this, but just taking the bait..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom