• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmik07

Apr 15, 2019
    Brunswick
    New member, experienced lurker... I had the pleasure of meeting some forum members at the MSI booth at the Dulles show last weekend who encouraged me to join and be active in the community. Already a member of MSI and GOA and I’m glad to join and support the group.

Currently I’m in builder-mode and working on my third AR this year. Hoping to expand the pistol collection this summer. I pretty much like anything that goes bang but I’m a big fan of WWI and WWII era weaponry. I’d eventually like to get my C&R and dive into collecting, but it seems like every time I have the money, it gets spent on other things in anticipation of them eventually getting banned by the state (thanks MD).

In any case, looking forward to learning and perhaps offering some advice of my own

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome from west of Fredneck. Weren’t you guys the ones that the snowflake kids were complaining about having a rifle/shotgun raffle to help fund their graduation party? something to do with “Safe and Sane”?

jmik07

Apr 15, 2019
    Brunswick
    Welcome from west of Fredneck. Weren’t you guys the ones that the snowflake kids were complaining about having a rifle/shotgun raffle to help fund their graduation party? something to do with “Safe and Sane”?

I had to look it up, but indeed it is... I can almost guarantee it’s the kids from the “upper crust” families moving into the new housing development. We’ve only been here for about 3 years but I can almost guarantee it’s not any of the townies protesting. Our kiddos are still in middle school but now I can’t wait to see what kind of bleeding-heart politics they get exposed to

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yea, it’s a shame that this “new breed” have to come in and condone something having never hunted. Brunswick is still a farming community to me having passed thru there many times. I use to pheasant hunt not 2miles from my dad’s home in Pennsylvania and carry my Ithaca in my truck to school with no problem. Different times my friend.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Welcome from the other side of the state. I used to visit Smoke Town frequently when I was a kid, back when the bridge had a wooden deck and it dumped you between the river and the railroad tracks and if they were making up a train you had a long wait to get into town.

Better get yourself a CMP Garand before they are gone, I was to late for the 1903's, Enfields, and Carbine's.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• 13B74EED-27A1-4731-9B8A-CD11C491CC80.jpeg
      13B74EED-27A1-4731-9B8A-CD11C491CC80.jpeg
      30.4 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics