Vortex sparc ii VS sig sauer romeo 5 ????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmward2008

Feb 3, 2016
    Harco
    Which one and why? Will be temporarily used on my ruger 1022 until my ruger pc 9mm decides to show up then itll be permanently on the pc9. Thanks in advance

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Can't speak to the Sig. I can say that the Vortex is a quality optic. If I wasn't in love with the Eotech reticle, I'd have many more of them. Good battery life, lifetime warranty, no stray emissions and comes with a lower 1/3 mount. Looks good too. Solid choice IMO.

Can usually catch one on sale at a great price!

ETA: My apologies, my comments are about the SPARC AR, not the ii. I can't comment on the ii.

Last edited:

TAstro

Dec 8, 2015
    I have the sparc 2, great optic. Can get them for $130 at PSA for $130 with coupon code RG501. I just got a holosun 503 specifically for the motion activation. But I would say the sparc 2 is very good for the price

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I have tried neither, but I just can't bring myself to trust motion activated dots so I personally would go with the Vortex on that alone. People may shit on the battery life, but it has a automatic shutoff after 12 hours. It's not just going to run out on you that quick.

Jmward2008

Feb 3, 2016
    Harco
    I have tried neither, but I just can't bring myself to trust motion activated dots so I personally would go with the Vortex on that alone. People may shit on the battery life, but it has a automatic shutoff after 12 hours. It's not just going to run out on you that quick.

Apparently you can turn it off which i would do as its just a range toy

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have a spark ii and it has held up well to normal use. I’ve never had to change the battery in it. If you haven’t tried a Holosun or other optic with a 2 moa dot with the 65 moa circle around it, I highly recommend checking them out. I find them to be much easier to pick up quickly and can still take precise shots with the 2 moa dot.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I just bought 2 Crossfire Red dots. One replaced an Aimpoint r1 and I don’t feel like I lost anything. I have an original Sparc that is older and has lived a harder life than the Aimpoint and the Sparc still works and the Aimpoint does not. I am not sure if Aimpoint will cover the R1. I had a Comp M4 fail and they did not cover it. I am sure what would happen if the Sparc failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom