• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thedaego

Jul 8, 2009
    Woodbine
    He was saying that there should be no reason to hold law abiding citizens with ccw permits to any other standard or to a different standard. Given that there are no records of law abiding CCW permit holders performing violent acts with their firearms while there is a litany of examples on the list he held up of officers committing violent acts with _their_ firearms.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah now it's about a bill to get an officers service weapon to his family.

I missed 90% of that crap due to buffering and delays I'm pissed.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    well, they'll probably submit it to the house, where it will pass. a corresponding bill will be submitted to the Senate, where it will never get out of committee and won't see the senate floor

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Seems like more energy should be put into getting Frosh out of office. All this work and effort are for nothing with him as the Senate chair. :sad20:

Has he allowed ANY pro-gun bill a vote within the committee?

thedaego

Jul 8, 2009
    Woodbine
    It will probably be desk drawer vetoed because Frosh will never let it see the light of day.

Such a shame. Gratned, I was only able able to hear/watch what the buffering stream allowed, but what I saw did not display ANY coherent argument in favor of the current state of affairs regarding the issuance of CCW permits in MD. The representative for MDS was completely unprepared and incomprehensible.

I would really like to see an intelligent, well formed argument _for_ the "may issue" system we have right now if for no other reason than to reassure myself that there isn't some sort of conspiracy afoot. :mad54:

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Seems like more energy should be put into getting Frosh out of office. All this work and effort are for nothing with him as the Senate chair. :sad20:

could we in effect filibuster his committee? organize people to sit in on every hearing and waste as much of his time as possible until he allows our bills due process?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

By force of MSI and several other groups ranging from "put them in jail" to "stop the pedophiles" he was forced to allow Civil Immunity to come to a vote.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    It will probably be desk drawer vetoed because Frosh will never let it see the light of day.

I don't understand how that is allowed. I would think that if a bill is passed by the house that it would be legally required to be heard by the senate. Corrupt system I guess...

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Frosh kills our bills, which in my opinion have a pretty good public approval rating, but he just allowed the gay marriage bill to go through which will be split probably right down the middle and most likely go to voter referendum.

yes, our system is flawed

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom