• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    A further correction in that there is absolutely no "Public Safety" committee, and any and ALL bills dealing with public safety fall under the perview of the House Judiciary or Senate Judicial Procedings committees

Sorry, I was mixing issues together. I was thinking of the (luckily unsuccessful) attempt this year to push the Campus Carry Ban Bill through as an education bill, through a non-Justice committee. All the shenanigans are starting to blend together.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sorry, I was mixing issues together. I was thinking of the (luckily unsuccessful) attempt this year to push the Campus Carry Ban Bill through as an education bill, through a non-Justice committee. All the shenanigans are starting to blend together.

They have been trying to do that since the first time it was introduced, three years ago. Because it deals with institutes of higher education, they claim that it is an education related bill and the perview of House Appropriations committee.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Those heavy handed tactics won't take place in Maryland.

Powerpuff Girls 1.jpg

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Red Flag took effect yesterday along with a lot of other laws in MD. I heard in a news report on WCBM that medical professionals and social work types have been well trained on the use of the new Red Flag law. Get ready for a concerted effort moving forward to not only use ths law for it's intended purpose but to be used by anti-gun zealots to take firearms from persons that are no threat to themselves or others. No due process. Remember their goal is to reduce the number of firearms even those owned by lawful citizens.
    You need to be careful going forward of the things you say to your doctor, therapist, law enforcement or really anyone for that matter.
    Our only hope in MD is that an apporpriate legal case gets through the court system and the unconstitutional features of this law are removed.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Red Flag took effect yesterday along with a lot of other laws in MD. I heard in a news report on WCBM that medical professionals and social work types have been well trained on the use of the new Red Flag law. Get ready for a concerted effort moving forward to not only use ths law for it's intended purpose but to be used by anti-gun zealots to take firearms from persons that are no threat to themselves or others. No due process. Remember their goal is to reduce the number of firearms even those owned by lawful citizens.
    You need to be careful going forward of the things you say to your doctor, therapist, law enforcement or really anyone for that matter.
    Our only hope in MD is that an appropriate legal case gets through the court system, and the unconstitutional features of this unconstitutional law are is removed.

FIFY

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Whatever you do, don't be seen drinking with, socializing with, or even appearing in a picture in a crowded room anywhere near Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

They'll 1302 you for that, too.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Whatever you do, don't be seen drinking with, socializing with, or even appearing in a picture in a crowded room anywhere near Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

They'll 1302 you for that, too.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Remember that public school counselors will press students about guns in the home.

I experienced this personally. If they do press the issue, and your kid cracks and says something they dont like, expect a 1302.

Talk to your kids.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Also, don't do too much talking to your neighbors. Even if they appear to be gun friendly. All it takes is 1 little beef and you know what will happen. Even the best neighbor can be your worst nightmare.

Remember, all they have to do is talk to the police and say you're a danger. Since hearsay is completely acceptable, no one is safe.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Also, don't do too much talking to your neighbors. Even if they appear to be gun friendly. All it takes is 1 little beef and you know what will happen. Even the best neighbor can be your worst nightmare.

Remember, all they have to do is talk to the police and say you're a danger. Since hearsay is completely acceptable, no one is safe.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Red Flag took effect yesterday along with a lot of other laws in MD. I heard in a news report on WCBM that medical professionals and social work types have been well trained on the use of the new Red Flag law.

My wife has worked in mental health for 30+ years and that really isn't the case. The problem isn't going to be the MH professionals. It's going to be the vengeful ex-relatives and crazy neighbors and similar who just don't like someone and want to screw them over. With no accountability of course because bad faith is impossible to prove on a he-said she-said.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't forget the co-worker. Not much talk abut them, but I think they'd carry more weight than anyone who wants to start trouble for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom