• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I got a question, so I am shooting my PSL at delmarva sporting clays today, and out of nowhere, the damn optic keeps coming off. I believe i am locking it on the rail right, but every third round the damn thing comes unlocked and falls off!! I know the scopes were supposed to be fitted to each individual rifle, and then some ******* took them all and mixed them up, but what can I do to fix this??

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Locking clamp adjustment ( Translated from a Russian Manual)
    LOCKING CLAMP ADJUSTMENT REQUIRES NO SPECIAL TOOLS OR SKILLS, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW

Locate the locking clamp assembly, . The
    locking assembly consists out of the locking rail (1) round adjustment
    nut (2), spring (3) and the locking lever (4). The round nut controls the
    tightness of the locking mechanism. To adjust the clamp, turn the
    scope up side down, presses down and hold the locking rail (1) with
    the thumb of your left hand. With your right hand adjust the nut (2) by
    turning it. Turn the nut clockwise to tighten the mount and
    counterclockwise to loosen it up.

Scar's Version
    The best way of doing this is to invert the mount, locate the"(1) round adjustment
    nut" It looks like an M14 flash hider castle nut.
    unlock the locking lever and move it in the middle position.
    Press down on the locking block, this is the part that actually tightens up. Pushing down on this frees up the castle nut to rotate. This is under spring tension. I little force is required.
    Turn the castle nut clockwise to tighten ( 1/4 turns is best)
    Note:
    The locking block should be flush with the locking rail when the lever is in the unlocked position. if the locking block protrudes beyond this, the mount will not slide into the rails. Do not overtighten as you can strip the threads on the mount.

Attachments

• tip2.jpg
      tip2.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 432
    Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Remove the Lever and get a metric Hex Head Bolt to replace the lever.

Remove the scope, apply rosin to the rail and reinstall the scope.

Apply blue Loctite to the replacement Hex Bolt and install and tighten with a Hex Tool.

The Scope will never come loose again.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Black furniture, as an FPK

Approved by the inspector. Couldn't let it sit around naked while I was redoing the wood.

Attachments

• FPK2lighter.jpg
      FPK2lighter.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 350

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Jerry is coming out with a new Dragunov style combo front sight and flash hider, also just the closed ring Dragunov style front sight if you have a threaded barrel PSL.

If I get another one, I'll probably dress it up with Dragunov furniture (don't tell Leeann)

He's also negotiating getting the DMSL Dragunov adapters and putting the DMSL guys on his payroll as consultants. One stop shopping for PSL stuff

Cool pin I found on eBay ... took forever to arrive from The Ukraine

Attachments

• Pin.jpg
      Pin.jpg
      73.3 KB · Views: 343

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Any of you guys using the kns adjustable gas piston on the psl?

Was wondering if that upgrade can allow the psl to handle heavier loads instead of being stuck with light ball ammunition.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I never bought one but they are good rifles. Yes, they are a little crudely finished and rough around the edges but they are excellent for their designed purpose. I've never understood why some think they are inferior.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I agree from a practical viewpoint. I'll also add that the SVD/NDM prices exceed their practical value too.

Collectors usually aren't much concerned with practicality though. :D

Sirex