• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Hello everyone, I'm a firm 2a supporter and I've been lurking on these forums for a very long time- I've just been too lazy to make an account. I'm from Baltimore County and I've been stuck inside my house for the past few months hunting down my next rifle (SLR-104FR, if I can manage to find one.)

I've owned as many as 7 rifles at the same time- and I've sold all but one now. I realized that I should try to go for quality over quantity. Oh, and I can't legally purchase a handgun for another 8 months or so.

Anyways, I just figured I should post here before anywhere else. Thanks for having me.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Probably not 21 yet

Welcome to the forum !

That is correct.

But I don't see myself getting my HQL anyways. I vehemently disagree with the entire concept of HQLs and regulated firearms in the first place. I don't see the point of feeding into it.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    That is correct.

But I don't see myself getting my HQL anyways. I vehemently disagree with the entire concept of HQLs and regulated firearms in the first place. I don't see the point of feeding into it.

Welcome aboard.

The HQL is, by-design, meant to discourage handgun ownership so, in essence, you're doing exactly what they want you to do when you say, "no HQL for me, thanks!"

If you really want to drive them crazy: get your HQL, get your Designated Collector license, buy as many regulated firearms as you can afford and shoot the living shit out of them. I find it far more satisfying.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Welcome aboard.

If you really want to drive them crazy: get your HQL, get your Designated Collector license, buy as many regulated firearms as you can afford and shoot the living shit out of them. I find it far more satisfying.

ABSOLUTELY!! :thumbsup:

Greetings! :wave:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That is correct.

Welcome to the forum.

I disagree with the concept of the HQL. That said, I got one and have purchased numerous handguns with it. I will not be discouraged by their hoops.

The other option is to get a C&R FFL (FFL03). If you are not familiar with that, you can purchase handguns > 50 years old and certain handguns designated "curios and relics" without an HQL and they can ship right to your door. There are a lot of good choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom