• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    Ive heard so many times about people who were very anti-gun until they actually tried shooting and found they enjoyed it and it was not as “terrifying” as some make it out to be. I think this a great approach!

I have several friends who won't even consider coming with me to the range because they're convinced they'll hurt somebody if they so much as touch a gun.

Maybe all these antis just can't control their violent urges and therefore believe that those of us who like to have guns around can't possibly control our own emotions.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I have several friends who won't even consider coming with me to the range because they're convinced they'll hurt somebody if they so much as touch a gun.

Maybe all these antis just can't control their violent urges and therefore believe that those of us who like to have guns around can't possibly control our own emotions.

The ones I have tried to expose to target shooting as a sport were almost to a person unable to grasp and consistently apply the basic rules of firearm safety. They had the attention span of a fruit fly. There were few I invited back.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Wrote a book of fact and examples, using real data from UCS, etc in response to a former infantry platoon member who posted agreement that AR-15s need to be banned. Totally destroyed everything he tried to imply. It was respectful, (had to rewrite a few lines prior to pasting it) , but in the end, didn't change his mind one bit. Infantry for god's sake.... I've pretty much come to the conclusion that no matter what you do, you'll never change their minds.

One of the most powerful speeches in movies. Loki's speech in 'The Avengers'.

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    The ones I have tried to expose to target shooting as a sport were almost to a person unable to grasp and consistently apply the basic rules of firearm safety. They had the attention span of a fruit fly. There were few I invited back.

Been there. Had one who couldn't comprehend that the barrel is not to be swung around like a piece of the male anatomy.

New shooters get to touch nothing more than a .22 until they have demonstrated that they can operate safely at the range.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Been there. Had one who couldn't comprehend that the barrel is not to be swung around like a piece of the male anatomy.

New shooters get to touch nothing more than a .22 until they have demonstrated that they can operate safely at the range.

Totally agree! And a single shot bolt action at that...

OldNavyVet

Mar 1, 2018
    Charles County

I used to use foam plugs and my ears at indoor range. Problem was that I couldn't hear conversations. Finally purchased good ear protection with volume control so now I hear a lot. Actually left the range earlier then wanted to after hearing things that made me nervous.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I don't mind discussing with an anti, I just have trouble finding anti's who have any knowledge of guns. That is the one that always gets me about the subject. Most of the people demanding changes don't even know anything about it.

Like curt Anderson not knowing the machine guns were legal? Or the other delegate who asked in an open hearing what an HQL is?

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    If the death toll was all they were worried about, then maybe they should read this:
    Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.

I was on the USS Theodore Roosevelt when the Captain decided that half way through a 6 month deployment, he was making the ship "Smoke Free"! There were so many sailors writing to their congressmen that, after the deployment was over, congress overturned the Captains decision and it was deemed that the ship must provide a reasonable space for the sailors to smoke.

Again, I am an ex smoker and will not allow anyone to smoke in my house or car but, If people want to smoke, I feel that they have that right. Being an ex smoker, I do not judge because I know how hard quitting was. My point is, I don't see huge marches of people wanting to ban cigars, cigarettes, and pipe smoking because of the death toll.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My liberal friend: we need more gun control laws in MD

Me: do you know what MD's current gun laws are?

My liberal friend: No, but we need more laws and they need to be more restrictive.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    It's really quite simple. People are scared. They are not comfortable with guns, so they are scared of them. Liberal leaders, who want the populace to be dependent on them, scream "ban guns and you'll be safe" and the scared unknowledgable people do it. The cries of ban free speech, ban religion, punish without a trial, all men are not equal are also already out there.

The saddest thing is not that our rights are not being taken away. It's that the American people are begging the government to let them give those rights away. We are a breath away from being a dictatorship.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    I don't mind discussing with an anti, I just have trouble finding anti's who have any knowledge of guns. That is the one that always gets me about the subject. Most of the people demanding changes don't even know anything about it.
    So much this. I don't know how many times I've offered to take folks ignorant on the subject to the range. Rarely, rarely taken up on it. I applaud those of you who succeed.

we either need to get them started in the shooting sports, explain why 2a is relevant and necessary...
    For those I can stand, I try to do both...for those I can stand. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom