• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – The American Suppressor Association (ASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the Hearing Protection Act (HPA) by Rep. Matt Salmon (AZ-05). This historic piece of legislation will remove suppressors from the purview of the National Firearms Act (NFA)

good news?!?!

http://americansuppressorassociatio...ct-a-bill-to-remove-suppressors-from-the-nfa/

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I suspect it will get shot down once they see the revenue numbers but, I am hoping not. Maybe work in there is still a $200 stamp but that local FFLs can process the paperwork. :innocent0

Dave

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    it's not so much the $200 fee, but the excessive wait and overreaching regulation...

I'd personally have no problem dropping the extra $200 on top of the price of the suppressor and walk out with it, the same as you would with any other accessory(scope, stock, etc)

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    if you could go to the lgs, pick up a suppressor, and fill out a form, and drop the 200 bucks for the stamp, and take your suppressor home same day, it would be 1 million times better than it currently is. being able to buy a suppressor the same way I buy a butt stock would be ideal however.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    it's not so much the $200 fee, but the excessive wait and overreaching regulation...

I'd personally have no problem dropping the extra $200 on top of the price of the suppressor and walk out with it, the same as you would with any other accessory(scope, stock, etc)

Agreed COST is not the reason I haven't bought a suppressor yet. The process sounds like a giant PITA.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I suspect it will get shot down once they see the revenue numbers but, I am hoping not. Maybe work in there is still a $200 stamp but that local FFLs can process the paperwork. :innocent0

Dave

I wonder how much the ATF spends to collect that $200 stamp revenue.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Good question. No idea but, with suppressor sales way up in the past couple of years (and all the new manufacturers), I suspect they make quite a pretty penny from it.

Dave

and they would make even more by just doing the standard background check like when we purchase long guns and just charging for the stamp and having the ffl do the paperwork.

seems like a no brainer to me.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Agreed COST is not the reason I haven't bought a suppressor yet. The process sounds like a giant PITA.

Everything is part of the reason I haven't jumped on one yet. To me, $200 is a lot of money. Add to it the cost of getting an NFA trust, the pain in making sure every I is dotted and every T crossed on the form. The only problem I don't have is the wait time precisely because I never put anything into the NFA jail.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Everything is part of the reason I haven't jumped on one yet. To me, $200 is a lot of money. Add to it the cost of getting an NFA trust, the pain in making sure every I is dotted and every T crossed on the form. The only problem I don't have is the wait time precisely because I never put anything into the NFA jail.

that's funny, bc that is probably my biggest beef with the NFA thing is the wait time. THat's just me though.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    that's funny, bc that is probably my biggest beef with the NFA thing is the wait time. THat's just me though.

I am sure that as soon as I send my form off to the ATF, it will become an issue. I am debating on jumping on the homemade bandwagon on the $100 thread. First I have to put $$$ aside for the trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom