• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Cert Petition filed. Alan Gura and Don Kilmer are the lawyers. Hopefully the Court takes this one.

Attachments

• Pena cert petition.pdf
      308.3 KB · Views: 281

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The court really needs to take this one. This implicates the core right. Not only is intermediate scrutiny inappropriate, the state has not even held up its burden under heightened scrutiny.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The 9thCA has always been the black sheep of the CA Courts and once again they are giving SCOTUS the middle finger as well. They could care less about citizens of CA losing their 2A rights as well not to mention all the rest of the western states under their jurisdictions as well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The 9thCA has always been the black sheep of the CA Courts and once again they are giving SCOTUS the middle finger as well. They could care less about citizens of CA losing their 2A rights as well not to mention all the rest of the western states under their jurisdictions as well.

I'm guessing they care so little they could NOT care less.

That court does indeed seem to take almost a certain glee in knowing that rulings that won't much upset their political fans in CA will be messing with the rights of those Neanderthal conservative deplorables in Arizona and Alaska.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    CA/HI really should be their own circus, let everyone else out West live in reasonable peace.

I agree with you. Let 9CA be for Commie Cali and HI only and create a new federal CA to pick up the other states in the west.. and while Trump is at it, build the wall between Oregon and CA and AZ... That way CA can have open boarders with Mexico...create new ports of entry along OR/CA and AZ.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    CA/HI really should be their own circus, let everyone else out West live in reasonable peace.

I rather like the idea of having three Circuits. A CA/HI circuit, based in Palmdale, or maybe Fresno. Not a major city. A "rest of the west" circuit.

And the 9th Circuit, with no jurisdiction anywhere. No courthouse. And no budget other than the judges' salaries.

krucam

Ultimate Member

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If we see all action cease from the docket (No re list no nothing) then it'll be clear that this case will be pending re NYSRPA opinion.
    But I'd have to look at other cases that were GVRd by SCOTUS to see if they would do that or simply re list the case a million times until the lead case is decided.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    If we see all action cease from the docket (No re list no nothing) then it'll be clear that this case will be pending re NYSRPA opinion.
    But I'd have to look at other cases that were GVRd by SCOTUS to see if they would do that or simply re list the case a million times until the lead case is decided.

I think you may be on to something. Several other non 2A cases have been relisted for the next conference this Thursday. This one and the Mance v Holder case have not been relisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom