What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    20 rounds of 40 S&W. 180 gr lead polycoat. I'm testing these in a few minutes. If the SVI likes them. I'll be cranking out a lot more this week.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Saturday I managed to break a decapper on one die, steal new decapper from another die and break that as well. So Sunday I missed my shoot, awesomness.

Ordered some separate decapping dies(redding) and spares so I don't miss another shoot!

JMV

Mar 29, 2019
    Hornady Lock n Load AP Pawls

Had a .223 round hang up in the decapping die and boom one of the pawls used to advance the press snapped. I get it, they are designed to give so the press isn't damaged...

Any idea who stocks these parts besides Midway? Locally is preferred. Seems like Midway always takes 5 days to arrive and of course the press isn't breaking when I'm not using it!

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Consolidating my mess

Disassembled an AR-22 and sold it for parts. Only the lower remains.
    Using the cash to fund upgrades on the AR-9.

I've found myself really beginning to narrow my interests. This is the second AR I've either scraped for parts/cash or turned into another type of AR (turned AR-15 10.5" pistol into 5.5" AR-9 pistol).

Don't get me wrong, I still have 3 AR's (16", 18" and 20"), but I am beginning to consolidate some of the "clutter" that I may have picked up early in my days as a gun owner that I don't use and/or get's in my way.

I wish it was easier to legally sell guns in MD and I'd unload my Remington 1911 and my little RIA 38spcl. For now, I just sell parts and/or uppers.

One of these days I'll have a proper workbench (in a closet right now) and will get into this "reloading" ya'll speak of ;) :thumbsup:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve been piling stuff on my reloading bench for over a month. I just cleaned it up and realized I’ve got maybe 1500 various cases to prep. I’m stocked on projectiles, primers and powder but lack time.

Sadly based on my work and family schedule, I probably wont get the chance until mid may.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I tore down my 3 ft bench yesterday and am going to get a 6' counter top and build a new one. No more shifting around heavy shotgun, single, and progressive presses! No more putting the case trimmer or the powder dispenser on a shelf to make room.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Finally set up the used Dillon 650 I bought off a member here years ago. Used my old press to run 40 brass through a Redding GR-x die and then loaded my first batch of 40. Hoping to sneak out to the range today to test it out.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I tore down my 3 ft bench yesterday and am going to get a 6' counter top and build a new one. No more shifting around heavy shotgun, single, and progressive presses! No more putting the case trimmer or the powder dispenser on a shelf to make room.

Let’s see some before and after pics when done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Not today but last week (took 3 days) 2,160 rnds 9mm 124 gr. PD FMJ. 5.0 gr. CFE @ 1.105 for gen 5 Glocks and 1.15 for gen 4 G34. Sorry @ammojon. Warmer weather so right back to long time goal of 1,200 rnds pistol per month. Just learned last night that a client, who lives inline with my range, is a SEAL, his wife (a horse client) is begging me to have him out to shoot ... should be fun. My own range, thanks neighbors, across from my shop, helping new and old shooters alike .... I feel lucky! Keeping the hobby going.

Next dies up will be 300 blk, moving from sub to supers with a newly built 16" barrelled rifle I want to load for. Might grab some Maker bullets soon, for 7mm remmag as well.

I need a chair that can be low for loading bench and high for turning around to build bench. The never ending hobby. I should shoot today!

Oh, full disclosure, I finished my taxes yesterday .. on the bench :)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I cleaned out the 9mm seating die on my Dillon 550. No more cockeyed bullets! There was some kind of waxy buildup on one side of the seater.

I clean the dies whenever I start noticing issues. The issue will vary, but it's always good to eliminate dies before looking elsewhere when you run a progressive. I don't know if you load cast boolits, but boolit lube would be a nice source of that buildup. Wax on FMJs to keep them nice and shiny? Whatever is on the bullet will go into your die. Do that enough times, and it will stay there and build up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom