• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Obviously storing canned coffee is a good idea, but I am mostly a k-cup drinker and storing k-cups takes a lot of room. I got a couple bottles of this Folgers instant coffee and I have to say it’s not bad at all.

Looks like there’s some good pour-over coffee pots for camping and such that would be good to make fresh brewed coffee in a power outage.

What say ye on coffee prepping?

Attachments

• 5C9F1074-9C8D-454F-89E2-05230F63867B.jpg
      5C9F1074-9C8D-454F-89E2-05230F63867B.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 750

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I can drink any kind of coffee but prefer pour over. I have multiple coffee makers and rotate them. As for prepping I haven’t give it much thought but will investigate storage of beans etc. I will try that instant you show.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Percolator. From stove top to campfire, it always brews a good cup of coffee.

WTF has time dealing with French presses, pour-over carafes and other silliness? Don’t have time to be a coffee snob either with these boutique roast and blends either. Maxwell House is still the best. May buy Cafe Du Monde when I can get it for $3.99 at H Mart

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland

WTF has time dealing with French presses, pour-over carafes and other silliness? Don’t have time to be a coffee snob either with these boutique roast and blends either. Maxwell House is still the best. May buy Cafe Du Monde when I can get it for $3.99 at H Mart

Pour over is time consuming but I like it. Just bought a new electric pot that simulates pour over. It is doing well. Maxwell House was my mom’s go to but I haven’t drank it in years. My brother serves instant only at his house no pot to be found.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

A French press is easy. Coffee in cup, pour hot water in, set a couple minutes, and press the inserted screen down. Drink right out of the cup of you have a cup press.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    A French press is easy. Coffee in cup, pour hot water in, set a couple minutes, and press the inserted screen down. Drink right out of the cup of you have a cup press.

As compared to put water in pot, put appropriate amount of coffee in basket then close lid and place on heat source. Wait until the last perc then take pot off fire and pour in cup.

And you can serve all your camp buddies at the same time unless you all like sitting around and watching your coffee seep.

Pour Over and French Press is just more hipster mumbo jumbo.

Now when it comes to Tea, you should know as a retired FAM that TWA Tea is the best tea to enjoy.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    As compared to put water in pot, put appropriate amount of coffee in basket then close lid and place on heat source. Wait until the last perc then take pot off fire and pour in cup.

And you can serve all your camp buddies at the same time unless you all like sitting around and watching your coffee seep.

Pour Over and French Press is just more hipster mumbo jumbo.
    I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee. I don't need to make 14 gallons a day. I have 1, maybe 2 cups during the morning.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee. I don't need to make 14 gallons a day. I have 1, maybe 2 cups during the morning.

Well any extra for me gets saved for iced coffee or redeye gravy.

I tried the KCup route and that is more of waste than convenience. Plus their coffee is hit or miss for me so I started doing the My KCup but in the end the percolator just made better tasting coffee and it's more sociable.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    As for blends and beans, that Black Rifle Coffee is some real gourmet shit but their price point makes it an occasional luxury and not an daily essential.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    A world without coffee :sad20:

Juan Valdez weeps.

But seriously as much as I love coffee I know I can go without it if need be.

Realizing how spoiled I am.
    Not that I don't mind it, mind you, but this affair has put me in a new perspective of things.

Maxwell for me.

Trade a cup of coffee for ammo. Make me a deal! :lol2:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

I’m also the only coffee drinker in the house, but I need to mainline that chit directly into my liver all day long

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Instant coffee is one of the "forever foods" that when properly packaged and stored will last forever, or at least will outlast you. I don't really care for instant but the Trader Joe's brand is one of the best out there. I have several jars of it packed away.

Ground coffee and coffee beans go rancid quickly because of the oils in it. I don't recommend storing those for more than a few months, a year tops.

b973f7effd68e103f705118719d54593.jpg

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Back in my younger days when I wore baggy suits and BDUs, if we were in a cold bivouac site then I would take either the instant coffee or Sanka from MREs an put a pinch between my cheek and gum. I would also make a blend of coffee, sugar and creamer for my coffee pinch.

I never used tobacco so this would keep me awake

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom