• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong section. Are there any dealers that will transfer a Barrett semi auto .50 since it is not specifically banned? Thanks

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    I don’t read it that way. He didn’t think it was specifically banned.....

Correct. MDs laws are screwy. MD gun owners have a couple things gong for us. Loopholes, silencers and machine guns. Better than some states like DE

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    They try to ban things but the laws are poorly written and you can still own and buy similar items. Ie standard capacity mags, ARs, etc

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong section. Are there any dealers that will transfer a Barrett semi auto .50 since it is not specifically banned? Thanks

A few years ago someone attempted to transfer a Barrett M82A1. MSP could not find a way to prevent the transfer but informed the licensee that if such a transfer where to take place the licensee could look forward to monthly audits, attempted straw purchase/sting operations and they would not be invited or allowed to renew their Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealers License. Needless to say the transfer did not take place.

The Barrett family (M82/M82A1) of semi auto .50 BMG rifles are NOT banned per the FSA2013 and do not fail the copycat feature test. The Barrett Light Fifty is a firearm that does not exist, was never produced or manufactured and last time I emailed Barrett they had no plans to produce them.

The MD MGA banned a non existent gun.

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    ^Thank you!
    Too many people talk without knowing anything.
    Empty barrel makes the most noise

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    A few years ago someone attempted to transfer a Barrett M82A1. MSP could not find a way to prevent the transfer but informed the licensee that if such a transfer where to take place the licensee could look forward to monthly audits, attempted straw purchase/sting operations and they would not be invited or allowed to renew their Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealers License. Needless to say the transfer did not take place.

The Barrett family (M82/M82A1) of semi auto .50 BMG rifles are NOT banned per the FSA2013 and do not fail the copycat feature test. The Barrett Light Fifty is a firearm that does not exist, was never produced or manufactured and last time I emailed Barrett they had no plans to produce them.

The MD MGA banned a non existent gun.

I was trying to find this exact info!

Thanks mopar!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ^Thank you!
    Too many people talk without knowing anything.
    Empty barrel makes the most noise

You are missing the point:

MSP could not find a way to prevent the transfer but informed the licensee that if such a transfer where to take place the licensee could look forward to monthly audits, attempted straw purchase/sting operations and they would not be invited or allowed to renew their Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealers License. Needless to say the transfer did not take place.

There is the law, and there is MSP (and behind the scenes the AG's) (expansive?) interpretation of the law, and the MSP can effect whatever interpretation they want (up to a point) via threats of audits and non-renewals of permits. So "Are there any dealers that will transfer a ___" is not a question about the law, its a question of how much risk the FFL can manage. For an item like this, probably very little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom