• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I just found out about this pistol watching hickock and im very intrigued.

Does anyone have one yet?

Does anyone know any gun shops that's carrying them? I would love to purchase one next week.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Handled one at a gun show a couple months ago. I was impressed by the trigger and the balance of the gun. Ugly as sin though.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Handled one at a gun show a couple months ago. I was impressed by the trigger and the balance of the gun. Ugly as sin though.

Yes ive heard great things about the trigger, I think it looks pretty good though. Looks better than my plain glock.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    MSRP is $400. I believe John @ JLowesGuns (an IP here) said he'd sell them for $325 or so...going off memory.

That's on my list as well.
    So is the Canik TP9SF, for about the same money.
    I know of 3 people who've gotten one recently, and all speak highly of it.

http://www.jlowesguns.com/CENT-TP9SF-9MM-DESERT-TAN-SPECIAL-FORCES-10RD_p_506.html

That TP9 was definitely in consideration I just decided on the creed, however they both sell for such good prices that I'll most likely end up owning both lol. Im definitely a fan of that TP9 though.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I feel like the creed takes all my favorite parts of the PPQ and completely gets rid of them and then takes the worst parts of the gun and makes them worse. I love the ambi paddle mag release, you can release the mag with your trigger finger without shifting your grip at all....gone. Striker fired guns are reliable and enable manufacturers to make light/crisp triggers with a short reset....gone. The excellent ambidextrous slide release that is actually easily used as a release....gone. Replaceable backstraps for different lengths of pull...gone. However the crappy bore height of the p99/ppq is made higher

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    The trigger is actually great, hickock said the trigger is better than his glocks and he loves glocks.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Lol come on man that's an insult to the creed, and I own a couple hi point's and there is hardly any gun as heavy and ugly as my hi point's.

I think this is a very sexy gun.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Hmmm...

PPQ M2:

ppqm2-left.jpg

CREED:

Creed_ls-1024x798.jpg

Sure, looks a lot like the one that cost $200+ more...

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Afaik, one is striker fired and has a lower bore axis than the other.

I was not debating that. ;)
    People were posting that it was "ugly", and I simply posted a pic of what they said it was uglier than....which looks very similar to the untrained eye.

Hmmm...

Sure, looks a lot like the one that cost $200+ more...

Exactly. For $325 you can't beat it.

I still agree with this guy... ^^^^^

When all is said and done, it's a $325 gun, that most who have reviewed it, agree it is a nice shooter. Me, I'm not a rich guy, or gun snob by any means, so I'll take a nice shooting $300 ugly gun over a $500-$600 gritty triggered, ugly gun (ie; Glock :innocent0 ), any day of the week.

To each his own, right? The newbie guy starts a post about a gun he wants, and people feel the need to shit on it...as usual... :tdown:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I was not debating that. ;)
    People were posting that it was "ugly", and I simply posted a pic of what they said it was uglier than....which looks very similar to the untrained eye.

I still agree with this guy... ^^^^^

When all is said and done, it's a $325 gun, that most who have reviewed it, agree it is a nice shooter. Me, I'm not a rich guy, or gun snob by any means, so I'll take a nice shooting $300 ugly gun over a $500-$600 gritty triggered, ugly gun (ie; Glock :innocent0 ), any day of the week.

To each his own, right? The newbie guy starts a post about a gun he wants, and people feel the need to shit on it...as usual... :tdown:
    The newbie guy posted about a gun that I'm familiar with. I posted honest feedback about that gun for the new guy to consider before jumping on a turd of a gun. The price of the gun is peanuts compared to the cost of ammo/range time/cleaning stuff it'll see in its lifetime. Buying an inferior gun to save $200 up front is penny wise and pound foolish.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    The newbie guy posted about a gun that I'm familiar with. I posted honest feedback about that gun for the new guy to consider before jumping on a turd of a gun. The price of the gun is peanuts compared to the cost of ammo/range time/cleaning stuff it'll see in its lifetime. Buying an inferior gun to save $200 up front is penny wise and pound foolish.

So, it's inferior, because you say so? :rolleyes:

The guy wants what he wants, so who are we to doubt him?
    He asked if anyone had one, and where he could get one...you obviously would not buy one of these inferior guns, nor did you tell him where he could get one, so your reply really was zero help and just put down the guy's choice.

I might buy 2 now... :lol2:

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    When it comes to firearms I like to do research via YouTube first to see if the gun actually works and listen to people views on it, and after watching a ton of video's the consensus is that it's a very good firearm and the price is unbeatable.

A few people that think you have to spend an extra $250 buck's on a gun means very little to me unless they can back up there claims with proof that it's inferior. You can't just tell me it's inferior because it cost less. I would consider that a gun snob and I simply don't trust the bias opinions of gun snobs who have every right to be a gun snob. No big deal.

I'm still buying the gun and the consensus is still that the firearm works and has a great trigger on it.

If hickock says the firearm is a better shooter than his glock then that itself says to me that the creed is no slacker. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom