• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Giovanni's on Rt 40 in Edgewood near Edgewood Road is an excellent old time family owned Italian Restaurant...

Excellent Food..!!!!

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    If you are looking for pizza / cheesesteaks then venture across the river to Ercolis in Perryville. Great food and not too pricey. There is a toll on the Hatem bridge though. Also, Nonnies Pizza in Havre De Grace is pretty good as well. And don't forget about Batemans in Havre De Grace on RT40. The stuffed rockfish is pretty damn good.

+1 for Nonnies. When I was working at APG, I use to go there frequently. Everyone in there is friendly and service is great.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Mamie's in the Beard's Hill Shopping Center? Best home cooked restaurant around. You'll be taking a doggy bag home their entrees are so large. Then you get a free desert (usually some type of cake or brownie). Decent prices too. Good crab cakes, excellent seafood alfredo, an open face turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy is really good too. They have a pot roast dinner that is more than any 2 people can eat. You name it, they have it. I have not tried anything Italian, so I can't speak for that. BTW, they will serve you as much warmed bread and butter as you'd like. But just remember, don't eat too much bread before your meal or you'll be taking most of your meal home with you.

Just on a side note, the place will look like the American Picker's garage. Their decorating is from the past and it's on every wall and hangs from the ceiling too. It's family ran and they are good people. The son is on of the waiters, he gets no free ride in this business.

I hope you enjoy.

PS If you're looking for Italian, there is the Olive Tree across the street near the Tractor Supply Store. Next to the Chick Fil a.

Mamie's is very good.

JD Smokehouse across from Harford Community College is good.

Naughty Dogs in the same are is not bad.

Avoid the La Tolteca there, very bland food, the one in Aberdeen is much better.

A little further, in Bel Air you have a Red Robin, Chili's, Bonefish Grill, Outback, TGI Fridays.

And Double T Diner. Very good food, and HUGE portions.

And between Bel Air and Abingdon along 24 is a Bertucci's.

Waffle House in Havre de Grace, on 40 just before the bridge, also at 543 near Cracker Barrel and another one at 24 near Denny's.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Are you working on APG? If you are, you have to check out First Sergeant's in the Rec Center for lunch. Amazing food! The bowling alley has typical greasy food, but it's good and cheap.

Super Chicken Rico on Rt 40 is really good. Chinese I like Lee's Hunan in the Shopping Center with Home Depot. Sushi that's close, Lin's Hibachi in HdG is excellent. I haven't had their hibachi, but I imagine it's good too. Chopstix in Forest Hill is another excellent sushi option. They have a crab fried rice to die for. Pat's pizza in Aberdeen is good. If you like buffet's, the Aberdeen Golden Corral is actually good. It's very clean as far as buffets go and they have a huge selection. There's a lot of other good advice here for stuff further out already.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Bushmill Tavern across the street from the historic Bush Tavern serves some pretty good burgers. Its more bar than restaurant, but plenty of spots to sit down at a table.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Totally forgot Lee's. Good place, nice people.

They have a lunch buffet also.

The Aberdeen Golden Corral has been good for many years, as it has moved around.

I go to Zen 16 in Bel Air for sushi.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Mamie’s hard to go wrong great comfort type food Cool atmosphere but is bring your own alcohol which doesn’t bother us.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Prost Restaurant, 1195 Jacob Tome Highway in Port Deposit. Great German food. Mamie's in the Beards Hill Plaza is good too. Right next to Beards Hill Plaza Liquors (not that you asked).

I agree Prost for great German food and Old South Smoke House is also nearby.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Prost used to be in Aberdeen, and a very nice place to eat. I have not gone since they moved across the river.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom