• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This is it! What will you do?

Unless you have a better idea; I plan on writing a plethora of letters, perhaps help out MSI financially, and get out to vote. I think that's about the only pro-active options we have. The refuse to comply or try to find a loophole options are both reactive reactive options.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    First Rule of OPSEC: Don't discuss your plans on an open Internet forum, especially one frequented by the Adversary. :sad20:

I get that; but you can't keep everything secret and you do have to communicate your plan some how if you want people to be involved in it. The antis also have the same limitation.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    First Rule of OPSEC: Don't discuss your plans on an open Internet forum, especially one frequented by the Adversary. :sad20:

Dr. Strangelove/Second rule of OPSEC:

What good is having the Ultimate Weapon if nobody knows you have it?

Let that sink in. How will the adversary counter it? It hasn't been working too well for them so far.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Unless you have a better idea; I plan on writing a plethora of letters, perhaps help out MSI financially, and get out to vote. I think that's about the only pro-active options we have. The refuse to comply or try to find a loophole options are both reactive reactive options.

That's a good start, but even better to bring everyone you can to vote too. One vote may win, but we need a landslide to get the Royalists' attention.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Well, we knew it was coming. The MGA is coming for us. I think they are emboldened by the losses conservatives took this year AND see the writing on the wall with redistricting. How can we be in such a bad place, yet on the precipice of something soooo needed?

IMO, I encourage the MGA to pass their laws AND take them further. Go ahead and ban HBARs AND call for a registration/confiscation. That is the only thing that is going to get some on "our side" to get off their asses. We have a few legislators on our side that are educated enough to be of help, but the majority are either self-serving or just knowledgable enough to hurt us.

Where is Governor Hogan on any of this? Not that it matters. The MGA have to power to override any veto and they will.

This is it! What will you do?

I'll tell you guys, I am very worried about what's ahead. But, I wouldn't challenge them to pass anything, or think the SOCUS or anything else will help our cause, once it happens badness can only be coming our way. Just the way I see it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I get that; but you can't keep everything secret and you do have to communicate your plan some how if you want people to be involved in it. The antis also have the same limitation.

Q quote (paraphrasing Sun Tzu): "Sometimes disinformation is necessary."

The adversary will now have to commit resources to looking ALL OVER THE INTERNET for memes, even if we do nothing. This is Information Warfare, of which OPSEC is only a part. And I'm not saying I will or won't... :innocent0

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Posted this in the guns in 2019 session thread. I don't think I'll be able to get time to go down on the gun days. In my district all my reps are dems and writing/calling them is a waste of time, every time they basically just say screw you. What can I do that is actually meaningful? I feel like I'm bailing with a sieve.

Call and ask for an appointment to meet with your reps. It doesn't matter that they are Dems and are anti. They need to be told that they have constituents who disagree. If everyone did that, they might just think twice. It might peel off one or two or three and erode the confidence of the rest. Seek to create uncertainty.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Call and ask for an appointment to meet with your reps. It doesn't matter that they are Dems and are anti. They need to be told that they have constituents who disagree. If everyone did that, they might just think twice. It might peel off one or two or three and erode the confidence of the rest. Seek to create uncertainty.

^^^This is important. Talking to your reps, or even their staff, dispels some of the caricatures that the loony antis cast about firearms owners. It also ties a name and face to the harm that voting for these bills will cause.

No, you're not going to change Del Moon's or Dumais' minds. One of us could give either of them a lifesaving Heimlich maneuver while they're choking on some organic brie and they'd still despise us for owning guns.But there are Dems for whom gun bans are a side issue and a distraction from what they may think are more important things to address. Leverage that.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It frequently is better to talk to the Right staffer than an actual Member .

A Chief of Staff is the home run , the Legislative Aide next best .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It frequently is better to talk to the Right staffer than an actual Member .

A Chief of Staff is the home run , the Legislative Aide next best .

Exactly right!

A Rep or Del will usually go to their CoS and ask what the feelings/rumblings are on this or that topic before a major public decision like a vote. The pol is usually busy gladhanding and lining up donors most of the time; the CoS puts wheels on the good decisions and identifies bad or toxic ones for avoidance.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I don't know how you guys do it, I've only been into guns for a year now and I'm so tired of it all. There's just been a neverending stream of crap coming our way for the last year and I am thoroughly demoralized.

I'll give some money to MSI and I've already emailed Hogan about it, but what more is there to do? Rallying in Annapolis doesn't change anyone's mind, lawsuits take years to get anywhere, and our state is too blue for my vote to make a difference. Could really use a 2nd amendment pick-me-up right about now...

Change your party affiliation to Democrat and vote in the primaries. Many of these people barely get back into office. Then when they loose tell them it was because of their 2nd Amendment views (vote GOP in the general election though). Secondly, support any and all law suits by giving a few dollars, every little bit helps. Third, do not turn on each other, if you can make the march good for you, if you can't that is fine but still write your rep and senator. Fourth join the NRA or Gun Owners of America, Maryland Shall Issue, and maybe a local gun club. Finally, take someone shooting. They don't have to be into hunting or tactic-fool stuff. Breakout the 22 and take your child or a relative or a friend to the range to shoot. Make a day of it, get lunch or a treat (beer and wings) afterwards...education and an open mind will do wonders. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom