Marylandstan
    I have a DPMS Oracle AR 10 that needs a laser to mount
    on top of the gas block. Please help!

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I think that the OP has a Gas Block with a built in Picatinny rail and is asking for brands/models, that wouldn't fall apart/come off/change POI, under recoil from the .308.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I’d be concerned about heat affecting a laser on a gas block. I’d agree with the above about changing out the handguard.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are any number of lasers intended for compact/ subcompact pistol that would be suitable size . But as noted above , the heat would be the problem .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think that the OP has a Gas Block with a built in Picatinny rail and is asking for brands/models, that wouldn't fall apart/come off/change POI, under recoil from the .308.

A laser on that gas block rail is going to interfere with sighting. Better to get a scope or red dot with a built in laser and fasten that sucker on the receiver. Or, replace the handguard and put it underneath.

ETA: I am not sure about heat +laser, but I would definitely worry about heat + battery for laser. That gas block gets hot!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or to keep closer to line of sight , rail/ rail section on top of handgaurd, and 45deg offset mount .

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    not sure that you can put anything on that handguard. Hence my suggestion for replacement. Me, I would have replaced it already with a free float rail. But the Magpul option is $40 ish

thank you. I do appreciate all advice. I'll wait awhile before replacement of stock parts, some indicated stock gas block "should be" replaced after a few hundred
    rounds and have trigger smoothed. All this will take some time …$$ for better accuracy.
    I've read about this firearm on a few other forums. Very accurate 16" AR 10 for the money. I did get a deal on Nikon P-308 4-12 X 40 and with Nikon P series mounts.
    Have to wait on a nicer day for sight in and break in of rifle bore.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    thank you. I do appreciate all advice. I'll wait awhile before replacement of stock parts, some indicated stock gas block "should be" replaced after a few hundred
    rounds and have trigger smoothed. All this will take some time …$$ for better accuracy.
    I've read about this firearm on a few other forums. Very accurate 16" AR 10 for the money. I did get a deal on Nikon P-308 4-12 X 40 and with Nikon P series mounts.
    Have to wait on a nicer day for sight in and break in of rifle bore.

A gas block should last a lot more than a few 100 rounds.

Manufacturers put cheap plastic handguards on ARs precisely because it's the 1st thing people replace.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    A gas block should last a lot more than a few 100 rounds.

Manufacturers put cheap plastic handguards on ARs precisely because it's the 1st thing people replace.

Agreed. Gas block should. I've read on ar15/forums to fine tune or run a suppressor adjustable gas block is ideal. Along with a floating hand guard would no doubts affect accuracy. Fine tuning and smoothing triggers help also. I have all my rifles and pistol adjusted triggers. I'm older and have arthurites especially in trigger finger.. What else can I say..:lol::lol::party29:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Sight in at 50 yds. Shot 35 rounds at Hap Baker (should be rotated R 90)

last 3 rounds in center RED

Attachments

• DPMS20180926_14350103.pdf
      582.7 KB · Views: 67

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    so what did you finally decide to do? looks like the laser is working great.

NO laser YET. Working with ammo to see what shoots well.

308 WIN SURPLUS HIRTENBERGER 146 gr. jury is out & seems to shoot well.
    Also as usually quality Federal 150 gr Power Shok, is a go to for sight in.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    today I had a friend who does AR work replace the spring kit. Tested stock trigger pull at 7 1/4 consistently and now 5 - 5 1/4.
    I'm sure to be able to fire better groups.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    today I had a friend who does AR work replace the spring kit. Tested stock trigger pull at 7 1/4 consistently and now 5 - 5 1/4.
    I'm sure to be able to fire better groups.

Sounds like a good gain, but how does the trigger feel as you pull it and the break? After using a RRA NM 2 stage trigger, I went over to a G2S and the SSA-E. If I need a GI spec trigger, I'll be going ALG for my next trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom