• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    When i first started looking at guns i fell in love with this thing, even though the price made me choke. The morei looked though their price isnt exactly out of line with high quality ars or other platforms. Thet also seem to be pretty universally loved by reviewers, but they arent necessarily an every mans shooter...anylne have one? Are they worth the headshot to my wallet?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I own a bunch of 5.56 rifles, HK, MKE, IWI, Colt, Beretta, even SIG and it's absolutely my favorite 5.56 that I own. It's almost perfection. IMO, you simply CANNOT go wrong. The trigger is wonderful, the build Quality is wonderful, the finish is wonderful, accuracy is wonderful the overall design is...…..well, you get the point. Get one. Someone will come along and say "wait for the improved Bren 806." You can and it may eventually show up....or it may not. The 805 is here now and it's available. Get one. If the 806 shows up, get one of those too. Get one!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I concur what Combloc said. I have the pistol version with a brace and love it !! A friend of mines wife shot it, now everytime we go shooting she calls and asks can I please bring it so she can shoot it. It's worth every penny I paid for it ! If I ever run into some extra coin I'm sure I'll buy the carbine.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Charging handle that doesn't require breaking a cheekweld. Smooth shooter with good accuracy and a great factory trigger. Ability to swap barrels and even different types of magazines. An adjustable gas system. Cool ambi features. Folding stock.

I have (or have owned) a number of 5.56 rifles that take AR mags and it's one of my favorites. Is it worth the cost? It's definitely a better choice than either the SIG or SCAR.

You could buy 2 ARs for the same price. Kind of depends on your motivation. ARs are my go-to but they get boring. It's fun to have something different.

If you have shot other Czech designs like the VZ.58 and CZ-75 you can probably get an appreciation for how well-designed this gun is. Czechs make great stuff.

Buy one, because the more people that buy them and love them the cheaper they'll get and the more they'll focus on bringing new flavors to the US market.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Don’t understand the appeal with them but almost bought one when a online dealer had a huge price drop for a few hours.
    Absolutely love all my CZ’s and can’t wait to add a Shadow II to my collection

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    I have the Bren 805 Carbine/FDE and echo everyones sentiment here, love it. Its slightly on the heavy side compared to my ARs but you get used to it..it builds muscle!
    I was going to tell you to wait for the 806 Bren2 but Combloc said it best, it may or may not show up anytime soon..the 805 is here and available and is selling a lot less than I paid for mine...when/if the 806 shows up, I'll get that too.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Just missed a sale for the pistol version at ky guns for $1247.00 free shipping

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Took mine out today with my can that I picked up today. Ran flawlessly with the Yankee Hill attached.

Attachments

• 20180814_163634.jpg
      20180814_163634.jpg
      138.2 KB · Views: 474

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Saw the other day the new Bren will be available in .223 , 7.62x39 , and in .308 !!

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    From what I read at other website, only Bren (2 )pistol version in 762x39 and 556 are (limited) released. So no luck for MD until they have been blessed by MSP. Carbine version might be next year. The 762x39 pistol uses proprietary mag.

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Bren is an extremely high quality gun with excellent machining and a great manufacturing lineage. If you want it buy it.

Buy once, cry once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom