• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don't forget that they just voted Frosh a free pass to do any little thing that pops into his empty head. Like petitioning the court to drop the MD redistricting case because no Rs were harmed. We may as well have elected a potato as governor, because the inmates are running the asylum.

Not quite, they did provide him free reign to sue the federal government for their actions or inactions. He cannot petition the Federal court to drop a case that was brought by a MD citizen, under the Joint Resolution, but he can do so as the legal defense for Mike Miller.

Two very distinct and different abilities.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    The way to get a carry permit is to move to another state. Maryland and New Jersey, as a relevant example, will never ever allow people to carry for self defense. Argue and write your delegates if you like, but forget it. Get some pepper spray or move to Virginia. Or Utah!!
    I'm afraid that's true.

I'm going to get a Utah CCW that includes a Maryland Reciprocity Kit that comes with a plastic tube and a jar of Vaseline (that way it won't hurt so bad when a Maryland cop rolls up your Utah CCW, puts it in the resealable tube and shoves it up your...well, you get the point!)

There was a proposed law years ago that would require all fifty states to use a single set of standards for a state CCW and it would require each state to be a CCW "shall issue". Don't know what happened to it, but it didn't pass in a Democrat Congress. Since then I can't tell the difference between a Democrat Congress and a Republican one!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm afraid that's true.

I'm going to get a Utah CCW that includes a Maryland Reciprocity Kit that comes with a plastic tube and a jar of Vaseline (that way it won't hurt so bad when a Maryland cop rolls up your Utah CCW, puts it in the resealable tube and shoves it up your...well, you get the point!)

There was a proposed law years ago that would require all fifty states to use a single set of standards for a state CCW and it would require each state to be a CCW "shall issue". Don't know what happened to it, but it didn't pass in a Democrat Congress. Since then I can't tell the difference between a Democrat Congress and a Republican one![/QUOTE]

I don't recall a bill in Congress mandating shall issue, but HR38 would effectively nullify the regimes of MD, NJ, CA, and NY by allowing those citizens to get non-res permits elsewhere AND carry on those in their home state.
    But I'm skeptical anything happens with it, and if the bill will remain intact.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm afraid that's true.

There was a proposed law years ago that would require all fifty states to use a single set of standards for a state CCW and it would require each state to be a CCW "shall issue". Don't know what happened to it, but it didn't pass in a Democrat Congress. Since then I can't tell the difference between a Democrat Congress and a Republican one!

I don't recall a bill in Congress mandating shall issue, but HR38 would effectively nullify the regimes of MD, NJ, CA, and NY by allowing those citizens to get non-res permits elsewhere AND carry on those in their home state.
    But I'm skeptical anything happens with it, and if the bill will remain intact.

If that ever would happen I foresee an emergency session of the MGA to nullify it. Just the way things normally roll here in the Workers' Paradise. :sad20:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    It is painstakingly slow, but we are making progress. MSP no longer (usually) asks for proof of deposits for business owners, people with clearances usually get a permit if they are willing to fight. Restrictions are fairly easily appealed. They may seem like small changes, but they are starting to add up. Look at the numbers for W&C permits.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    what are the odds of this ending up in our favor?

Fairfax, Va.— A group of Maryland citizens, with the support of the National Rifle Association, filed a petition to the United States Supreme Court on Friday seeking to reverse a Court of Appeals ruling that stripped some of America’s most popular rifles of Second Amendment protection. The 4th Circuit ruling in the case Kolbe v. Hogan is a direct contradiction of the Supreme Court’s 2008 decision, District of Columbia v. Heller, which re-affirmed American citizens’ right to self-defense.

“Lower courts have been making up their own rules when it comes to the Second Amendment for too long, and the Kolbe decision crossed yet another line,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action. “The Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense. The popular rifles and standard magazines banned in Maryland are some of the best tools for self-defense. We are hopeful that the Supreme Court will reverse this egregious decision.”

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170721/supreme-court-asked-to-review-marylands-gun-ban

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    It is painstakingly slow, but we are making progress. MSP no longer (usually) asks for proof of deposits for business owners, people with clearances usually get a permit if they are willing to fight. Restrictions are fairly easily appealed. They may seem like small changes, but they are starting to add up. Look at the numbers for W&C permits.

Temporary. Wait until a democrat administration returns. IMHO the 2A community in MD is wasting time and money trying to free up concealed carry in MD.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Never say never, and never give up.

Take a good look at the score card, we are winning.

The single worst thing about Maryland is the gerrymandering, if we can fix that then votes matter again. If Hogan is reelected in 2018 he will be able to sway this and has pledged to do so. We only need to defeat a few of these crooked politicians and turn a few seats. I see voting as a Democrat in the Democrat only primary as the easiest way to make this happen. As a registered democrat I get to vote against the worst of them twice!

Thousands of us have already made the switch, join us; you are but a few clicks away from making Maryland a better place.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Never say never, and never give up.

Take a good look at the score card, we are winning.

The single worst thing about Maryland is the gerrymandering, if we can fix that then votes matter again. If Hogan is reelected in 2018 he will be able to sway this and has pledged to do so. We only need to defeat a few of these crooked politicians and turn a few seats. I see voting as a Democrat in the Democrat only primary as the easiest way to make this happen. As a registered democrat I get to vote against the worst of them twice!

Thousands of us have already made the switch, join us; you are but a few clicks away from making Maryland a better place.

I understand everyone wants to give Hogan the benefit of the doubt but he has stopped responding to Pro 2A constituents. I know he's not actually writing back, he has someone do it.

But the fact that he has distanced himself from his supporters, those who believe in the 2A, is a dangerous game to play.

I was able to get answers from him (assistant, whatever) and then after the first year, they stopped. I however still get EVERY email from him when he wants money.

I'll support him, but he's got to start giving us something. If he thinks he can dangle a 2A carrot in front of use in 2018, I think he's going to sadly mistaken.

I know, who else is going up against him as a Republican candidate in the primary? But if he doesn't act on his promises, he's going to make things very interesting in 2018.

It's time for Governor Hogan to step up to the plate and take a swing at some of his promises.

If he thinks he's got a chance at a higher office, he's sadly mistaken. Oh but wait, he is just acting like most other Republicans, offer the voters what they want, then not come through after the election.

Anyone else getting tired of the same old thing?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I understand everyone wants to give Hogan the benefit of the doubt but he has stopped responding to Pro 2A constituents. I know he's not actually writing back, he has someone do it.

But the fact that he has distanced himself from his supporters, those who believe in the 2A, is a dangerous game to play.

I was able to get answers from him (assistant, whatever) and then after the first year, they stopped. I however still get EVERY email from him when he wants money.

I'll support him, but he's got to start giving us something. If he thinks he can dangle a 2A carrot in front of use in 2018, I think he's going to sadly mistaken.

I know, who else is going up against him as a Republican candidate in the primary? But if he doesn't act on his promises, he's going to make things very interesting in 2018.

It's time for Governor Hogan to step up to the plate and take a swing at some of his promises.

If he thinks he's got a chance at a higher office, he's sadly mistaken. Oh but wait, he is just acting like most other Republicans, offer the voters what they want, then not come through after the election.

Anyone else getting tired of the same old thing?

:wave:

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Years ago, Ron Smith on his radio show, (paraphrasing) I will not hold my nose and vote for a candidate just because he or she has an "R" following their name.

Well this oldMan agrees with Ron, frig their lip-service. If he doesn't get off the pot, he certainly won't receive my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom