• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LONNIE

Jun 28, 2020
    Filling out application online, it asks barrel length. I only own a lower receiver which I was told is enough to qualify for training exempt due to owning regulated firearm. Do i put 0 or 15?As far as I am aware this is not listed as a long rifle it should be listed as other on the 77r. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Filling out application online, it asks barrel length. I only own a lower receiver which I was told is enough to qualify for training exempt due to owning regulated firearm. Do i put 0 or 15?As far as I am aware this is not listed as a long rifle it should be listed as other on the 77r. Thanks in advance

You put n/a for the barrel length as it doesn't have one.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Did you own the lower before Oct 2013? Did you buy the lower after Oct 2013 and fill out a Msp 77r for purchase?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Did you own the lower before Oct 2013? Did you buy the lower after Oct 2013 and fill out a Msp 77r for purchase?

It doesn't really matter when it was purchased to be used as an exemption.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    You can purchase a lower today and once the 8 day wait is over and the transfer is complete you can use the lower as the training exemption on the HQL app.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sort of. If he bought as a rifle and sold the upper after Oct 2013, it does. I think.

Nope, perfectly legal to sell parts, which is what the upper is, in Maryland. It does NOT need to be a heavy barrel upper to be sold in Maryland.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Nope, perfectly legal to sell parts, which is what the upper is, in Maryland. It does NOT need to be a heavy barrel upper to be sold in Maryland.

The question had to do with using a lower’s serial # as training exemption for an Hql. If the lower was purchased after oct13 on a 77r or before on a77r or before as a regulated rifle, then it qualifies. If it was bought after oct13 as a cash and carry rifle and the upper sold, I don’t think it qualifies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom