• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Back in August, Stag was having a good sale, and since I wanted to convert my Heavy Metal rifle over to a lefty, I ordered a "builder's set" and a BCG.

After a few unanswered emails, I called them mid-September to find out that the 308 upper/lowers didn't mate up correctly and couldn't have a mag inserted when assembled, so I'd have to wait for the next shipment.

It's been nearly 2 months and I'm *still* trying to get an estimated time that I should see my upper/lower/BCG. Do I just have bad luck, or is Stag Arms having some serious quality control issues with their expansion outside 5.56mm ARs? I know they briefly discontinued their 9mm line while they were working out "supplier issues" with that line.

Has anyone heard anything else about them? Their 5.56 line is solid- I have more than a few built from their lefty parts, and they are well-made and reliable.

I lazily have not yet contacted them, but I need to. My Stag-15 stripped lower actually had a chunk break off at the takedown pin hole. The detent for the pin bent and broke a chunk off the receiver, which I've never seen before. It's my first Stag lower and I will say it does fit tightly with the upper, almost too tight. I did see where some brand new Stags also failed headspacing, which could obviously be rather devastating. But on the other hand, buddy's Stag shoots great and hasn't had any problems with it. So maybe there's some flukes? Or maybe the QC is lacking recently? I'd be curious to know which before buying another Stag product.

21248601_10155975465337952_3740216251637413294_o.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yes. I have personally seen quality fall off since the 2013 scare.

It seems to have slipped further after the supposed ATF thing about their FFL.

Whoever is assembling their stuff does not know what a torque wrench or grease is for.

They will stand behind their products but there is no guarantee the replacement will be right.

To be fair, I have seen lots of Colts lately with overtorqued Barrel Nuts and no grease on the threads.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've used Stag lowers as some pretty gpood bases for a couple of my builds. I have not tried their other bits and pieces. Same with Bushmaster lowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom