• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    As I ponder the jobs our MGA are doing and after a statehouse discussion with Senator Lee, I ask myself as I hear her voice responding, " we need to make laws, right?" what kind of laws would each of the infringers deem UBER critical to propose if they had their own up close and personal encounter with a hoard of cop killers like in El Salvador MS13 gang members? Or better yet, since this already happened in William Wirt Middle School in Riverdale

https://www.foxnews.com/us/teachers-reportedly-fearful-after-ms-13-infiltrates-maryland-school

“We now have two to three fights per day,” one school employee told the paper, who didn’t reveal his name over fears to lose the job or be targeted by the gang. “At this point, it’s completely out of control.”

School teachers claimed at least a dozen of members of the gang are in the school. The violent activities prompted the school to call the police over 70 times in the 2017-2018 school year.

If anyone knows what kind of Democrat sponsored Gang Qualification License laws that have been proposed to protect we Marylanders from evil gangs, I would love to read them.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    From this article.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ac-cn-anne-arundel-gang-grant-0925-story.html

More than 70 members of the transnational gang MS-13 have been arrested in Anne Arundel County over a three-year period, with officials saying there are as many as 200 in the region.

County Executive Steve Schuh made the announcement Monday as county officials touted a $550,000 grant from Gov. Larry Hogan to combat gangs. The Annapolis Police Department was given $285,869, according to the Office of Crime Control and Prevention, which awarded the grants.

The grants are part of the governor’s Maryland Criminal Intelligence Network, or MCIN. It will include 13 other municipalities and counties to make what officials say will be more cohesive communication and data sharing to curb gang-related crime.

“So the MCIN program is a great way for us … to get better and stronger in the fight and to fight the people who profit, the head of the snake that profits from creating and maintaining criminal organizations that either push poison out into the community or prey upon innocents,” Anne Arundel Police Chief Timothy Altomare said.

Monday was one of the few times county officials have addressed the gang directly after police arrested suspected MS-13 members tied to three murders of Annapolis-area residents.

( Later in the article)

Officers have arrested alleged MS-13 members linked to Maryland crimes in New York and North Carolina. A Severn man was charged with going to Texas on behalf of the gang to beat a man who angered the gang.

About a dozen people, including at least two minors, have been arrested for the murders of Jennifer Rivera-Lopez, Jose Hernandez-Portillo and Neris Giovani Bonilla-Palacios. They were Annapolis area residents found buried in makeshift graves in Crownsville and around the city.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    http://www.mcac.maryland.gov/newsroom/Gang News

I know I posted a lot of links, but once Senator Lee got my brain started about " we need to make laws" and it was aimed at the perceived need of gun laws to solve the safety issue, I got laser focused on one major and wide reaching threat to safe society.
    It was brought up by a number of MDS members the rationale of why make more laws to criminalize something that is not the cause, when there are are thousands of laws the criminals already break and sadly get minimal punishment for and get released to commit more crimes.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Another thing I sometimes have been impacted by are movies ( I know Hollyweird puts out a lot of crap ) but it also sometimes hits the mark and makes an eye opening statement.

Two movies that delve into the gang content that I wish more politicians would be required to see are

187 and American Me. Particularly American Me as a must must see to show just how pervasive the gangs are and how much they are responsible for the crime and violence out in our every day streets.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe some of our pro sanctuary folks would welcome these Mexican Uncle and cousins to live next door. Hate to sound terrible, but I bet they didn't stop to get their knife/sword/hatchet permit and get their background check at the FFL before doing what they did to poor RELATED to them children.
    The day I heard this story I almost was in disbelief and to this day 15 years later I still can't even imagine.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/two-arrested-after-1-child-beheaded-2-partially-decapitated/7047195

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Still think it's the guns that need laws against them? NOOOOOOO it is the criminals who are KILLERS who need LIFE sentences or death not these plea bargain 30 year oh wait, 9 or less year sentences when they murder people.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/...oods-gang-pleads-guilty-racketeering-and-drug

In addition to Johnson, fourteen of twenty-six defendants have pleaded guilty in the case. Trial is tentatively scheduled for November 5, 2018 through February 1, 2019.

Johnson and the government have agreed that if the Court accepts the plea agreement, Johnson will be sentenced to 30 years in prison. U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake has scheduled sentencing for Johnson on November 16, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.

This case is part of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), a program bringing together all levels of law enforcement and the communities they serve to reduce violent crime and make our neighborhoods safer for everyone. Attorney General Jeff Sessions reinvigorated PSN in 2017 as part of the Department’s renewed focus on targeting violent criminals, directing all U.S. Attorney’s Offices to work in partnership with federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement and the local community to develop effective, locally based strategies to reduce violent crime.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am sorry if this thread and topic seems redundant or even shot gun sprayed with Gang articles, but my point should be maybe our LAW makers need to reform the way they handle the gang issue MORE than they attack us on the LEGALLY purchased guns issues. Oh and if I read correctly in the article. There seems to be a data backed correlation between the arrest rate and the violent crime rate. As arrests increase, murders decrease ad vice versa...

"Opportunists or revolutionaries?

Looking at data from the BPD on arrests, shootings and homicides in Sandtown-Winchester, there is a strong indication that a significant drop in policing led to the spike in violence."

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/a-gang-crackup-then-a-spike-in-baltimore-homicides-2b3c3571f46a

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Man, it’s terrible but, don’tcha see?

IN THE TWISTED MINDS OF THE VAST MAJORITY OF the MD MGA, IT IS WE (whom) THEY CONSIDER “THE GANGS!”

(“We” being “The People,” wearers of We Will Not Comply tees, advocates of the 2A, personal responsibility, Natural Law, individual consequences for personal behavor and individual actions, as nauseum)

Feb 28, 2013
    Sorry. Gang stuff ain’t politically correct. Those kinda laws disproportionately affect “people of color”. :rolleyes:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I brought this up in my testimony. Told the panel we all know why they go after guns instead of the hard issues. Don't think they wanted to hear it.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I brought this up in my testimony. Told the panel we all know why they go after guns instead of the hard issues. Don't think they wanted to hear it.

Well, we ought to make sure they hear it as it is a very real danger. If the MGA does not address it, they are complicit in any harm that befalls unarmed, disarmed, and vulnerable citizens who can't hide in "Sanctuary" and live on Fantasy Island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom