• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Do any military or federal workers here contribute to any pro 2A groups using the Combined Federal Campaign. If so, what are the groups?

I found these already:

Gun Owners Foundation.
    Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.
    Affiliation: National/International Independent Organizations
    CFC # code, used for making designations: 10042. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521297380. Overhead: 10.7%. Program Areas: W I M.
    Website Address: www.gunowners.org. Phone Number: (703)321-8585.

NRA Foundation, Inc., The.
    Supports eligible programs within the NRA, law enforcement, and other community-based agencies that foster firearms safety and education, constitutional education, and wildlife conservation management.
    CFC # code, used for making designations: 11872. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521710886. Overhead: 0.3%. Program Areas: O N R.
    Website Address: www.nrafoundation.org. Phone Number: (888)467-2363.

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.
    Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs.
    CFC # code, used for making designations: 10006. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521136665. Overhead: 11.5%. Program Areas: R.
    Website Address: www.nradefensefund.org. Phone Number: (703)267

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I've donated to all 3 in the past and I think that's it for 2A CFC charities.
    Will probably donate to them again this year along with St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.

Do any military or federal workers here contribute to any pro 2A groups using the Combined Federal Campaign. If so, what are the groups?

I found these already:

Gun Owners Foundation.
    Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.
    CFC # code, used for making designations: 10042. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521297380. Overhead: 10.7%. Program Areas: W I M.
    Website Address: www.gunowners.org. Phone Number: (703)321-8585.

NRA Foundation, Inc., The.
    Supports eligible programs within the NRA, law enforcement, and other community-based agencies that foster firearms safety and education, constitutional education, and wildlife conservation management.
    CFC # code, used for making designations: 11872. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521710886. Overhead: 0.3%. Program Areas: O N R.
    Website Address: www.nrafoundation.org. Phone Number: (888)467-2363.

NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.
    Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs.
    CFC # code, used for making designations: 10006. Employer Identification Number: EIN #521136665. Overhead: 11.5%. Program Areas: R.
    Website Address: www.nradefensefund.org. Phone Number: (703)267

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    I think these are also eligible under united way pledge drives (our admins bug the shit out of us to donate). Many large companies provide matching.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I've sent the NRA Foundation some bucks via CFC. Also USA Shooting, the NGB for the Olympic teams.

Not 2A, but gun related: Remember the Brave Foundation (sponsored Memorial Day weekend matches at Quantico).

Hunting Related: NWTF, Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited all have CFC numbers.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC. Supervisors are always on a quest for that. I suspect they get something for having all their employees donate.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I do my part to keep any organization I am part of from achieving 100% participation in CFC. Supervisors are always on a quest for that. I suspect they get something for having all their employees donate.

My boss doesn't care :-) He appointed me a CFC keyworker (actually appointed a coworker as lead guy, who then deputized me) and said nothing for the remainder of the campaign.

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    Also I take some sick pleasure thinking about the girl who processes the United Way checks being disgusted that she has to sign a matched check to the gun owners foundation.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    When I was in the Army, my CO wanted everyone in our company to buy savings bonds. Guess it made him look good. I resented being told every day to participate in a voluntary program. The more he asked, the more I refused. He finally quit asking. Maybe that's why I didn't get past E-3. :sad20:

I view the CFC the same way. Donate directly to the charity if you want to. Or do as posted to piss of the libs and donate to a 2A charity. either one works.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Why go through the CFC at all? I just donate to the charities I support directly. That way I know they get every penny I donate, immediately, without having a small "handling charge" siphoned off and the latency of moving through a third party.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why go through the CFC at all? I just donate to the charities I support directly. That way I know they get every penny I donate, immediately, without having a small "handling charge" siphoned off and the latency of moving through a third party.

If you designate charities through CFC they receive 100% of your donation.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Each charity in CFC has a percentage number disclosed. That percentage is how much of your money goes to administrative costs. I haven't looked through the book lately, but I don't think there are many if any at "0".

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    It's that time of year again, anyone know of any other pro-gun cfc charities?
    USA Shooting Team is #11094
    Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation is #92624

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think these are also eligible under united way pledge drives (our admins bug the shit out of us to donate). Many large companies provide matching.

United Way skims off a large portion of donations, before the individual organizations ever see a dime.

I much prefer to donate directly.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/ gives a really good look at the % of donations that actually go into programs.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Between the amount that gets skimmed off the top and the disgusting political correctness of United Way and CFC, I refuse to participate in either. I give generously, more than a tithe, but only directly to those organizations that I wish to support. NRA, GOA, NAGR, MSI and many others have meet my qualifications and get a check each and every year.
    Too bad that's not good enough for some organizations; the constant stream of email and phone calls has cost some charities my support, and it has cost two organizations my support recently...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Each charity in CFC has a percentage number disclosed. That percentage is how much of your money goes to administrative costs. I haven't looked through the book lately, but I don't think there are many if any at "0".

That's the charities overhead not the CFC 's

CFC is likely to be as cost effective if not more so than a visa card transaction fee. Esp for small donations and small organisations.

That said dont like the idea of pushing for donations at work.. kill the drive and I might participate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom