• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    http://www.mdshooters.com/archive/index.php/t-41164.html

I was out today to shoot my new ar for the first time today, and like an idiot, I didn't put anywhere enough lube on it. I thought some clp was enough, but it dried out after around 80 rounds. Nasty wolf ammo, one jammed itself up in there, and I could not get it out. I'd heard of mortaring before, and thought of it. Typed in AR mortaring technique on google, and look who's helpful thread pops up.

Made my day at the range all better.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Mortaring is an invaluable technique.

I've had to use that method on various types of rounds in AR's, even my handloads at one point in time - I obviously hadn't worked everything out at that time. :o

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Mortaring is an invaluable technique.

I've had to use that method on various types of rounds in AR's, even my handloads at one point in time - I obviously hadn't worked everything out at that time. :o

I know this sounds horrible, but I thought on the way home from the range, "man, I kinda wish that would happen again, I'd love the extra practice..." Well, that's what all that wolf ammo is good for, huh? :D

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wolf really isn't all that bad, in all honesty I think I've had to mortar 1, maybe 2 at most out of my AR in the time I've shot it. I've had to mortar more tula than anything, but those rifles tended to be beyond filthy and not very well cared for. Thankfully they weren't mine... :D

Trust me, once you've done it a few times - it's burned into memory. ;)

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Wolf really isn't all that bad, in all honesty I think I've had to mortar 1, maybe 2 at most out of my AR in the time I've shot it. I've had to mortar more tula than anything, but those rifles tended to be beyond filthy and not very well cared for. Thankfully they weren't mine... :D

Trust me, once you've done it a few times - it's burned into memory. ;)

I haven't been able to practice any real malfunctions with Wolf at all since I switched to a BCM AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom