• Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They always were five shooters .

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Heritage doesn't have a transfer bar? They have a safety, yes? Ruger has the transfer bar, load six.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Transfer bar. Yes, I called it a safety before (just learned something)

I was saying though, if you forgot to flip it down before loading, the loading, or more precisely decocking (or is it uncocking?), could/would be unsafe. That's all part of becoming proficient with whatever you're shooting but I just don't shoot it enough. The funny thing is I always flip it down to load but frequently forget to flip it back up and am shocked when I pull the trigger to shoot and..... click, nothing.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Had a Heritage 22LR/22mag for 3+ years fun shooter, gets to be a pain to reload after 50 rounds or so the spend rounds start to stick in the cylinder, the 22mag cost too much to plink but I keep a couple boxs around.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    With apologies to anyone from Egypt.

Why I been to Bum F*ck Egypt more then a few times. It sucked, people there didn't like it either, one of those Sh*t hole place, dirty, hot, fly's by the millions, not a nice place, not as bad as places to the South and East of Egypt but still sucks. :rolleyes:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Alan's experiences in post #27 illiustrate why I stick to uniform manual of arms with all my SA Revs.

I suppose if you were to exclusively use New Model Rugers , you could just just load six and don't look back , but I have New Models, 3 Screws, SAA clones, and charcoal burners , and want all my SA's to roll the same way, so I don't have to keep thinking about it .

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "Rough Rider you have to open the cylinder cover, expel a spent casing, insert round, then spin the cylinder one hole, push out next spent casing, insert round, repeat 8 times, close cover. Also, and maybe it's just mine being a little sloppy, but the cylinder can spin just a touch too far and you don't know it until you try to push out a spent casing and it gets snagged. "

You may find it more pleasant and time expedient to completelyempty the cylinder then completely charging it. Less gun shift and one tends to index the cylinder short of that "too far" rotation.

18 years ago my son learned with his '5 shot 6 shooter' as we called his Old Model Bearcat. He has since grown into semi autos but still remembers how to load the Bearcat.

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    I picked up my 1st one this past summer a 4" in case hard finish with both cylinders and currently awaiting delivery of CH6" from Gym Ratz. You can't beat the deal on these. They have a 9 shot cylinder available?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I picked up my 1st one this past summer a 4" in case hard finish with both cylinders and currently awaiting delivery of CH6" from Gym Ratz. You can't beat the deal on these. They have a 9 shot cylinder available?

Don't know about in a 4" but the 22lr/22mag is definitely available with a 9 round cylinder. This is my 6.5"

Attachments

• ROUGH RIDER.jpg
      ROUGH RIDER.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 254
    • rough rider cylinder.JPG
      rough rider cylinder.JPG
      27.2 KB · Views: 215

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I gotta quit opening this thread, now I want one of these with two cylinders .22 and .22 mag.

gotta get well from my last purchase at gymratz first but I will get one of these by the end of the year.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I ordered the 6 1/2" dual cylinder model from BBP over the weekend. I got the package that comes with the holster and wooden box. I was at Bass Pro yesterday and decided to check out the prices on .22 Mag ammo since I had ordered the dual cylinder and the prices have gone way up since the last time I shot some, but then again, it's not surprising since that was over 25 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom