• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    At Dulles Expo gun show found a MP45 marked magazine for MP44 and paid $800.
    I must be out of my mind!!

Attachments

• 1CA0B00E-AB48-41A5-AAA6-E88461F16FAF.jpg
      1CA0B00E-AB48-41A5-AAA6-E88461F16FAF.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 484
    • 89FF2E18-9885-4B67-AC2E-85B97073F4AC.jpg
      89FF2E18-9885-4B67-AC2E-85B97073F4AC.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 481

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Dennis Todd's outrageous prices strikes again. I'm pretty sure I know the man Todd got the magazine from. They are hard to find (it took me years) but I've walked by that magazine many a time refusing to pay his prices. If money is no object, you did fine but that's a $500 magazine at most in the collector world.

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    The sad truth is if he had two I would’ve brought both. It was over my limit but I just didn’t want to wait for the right one with the right price to come to the market. Also with the high capacity magazine uncertainties just had to pull the trigger

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You can get reproduction MP43 / 44 mags for $90 - $120. Originals for around $500 +/-. Does the MP45 stamp makes this worth that much more? But, if you've got the machine gun without at least one original mag, it's a small price to pay vs. the value of the complete package.

I've bought a few original MP40 mags from Dennis last year. He was basically at market prices with everyone else.

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    You can get reproduction MP43 / 44 mags for $90 - $120. Originals for around $500 +/-. Does the MP45 stamp makes this worth that much more? But, if you've got the machine gun without at least one original mag, it's a small price to pay vs. the value of the complete package.

I've bought a few original MP40 mags from Dennis last year. He was basically at market prices with everyone else.

Yes that seems to be going rate. Many mp44 owners swear mp44 and mp43 mags are $300 all day and other interesting mags are in the $500 range but I haven’t seen that recently and that was the going rate last year.
    MP45 mags were mistakenly produced because Mp45 was never developed and produced. It was made briefly by one factory early 1945 and quickly switched back to mp44 from what I’ve gathered. Thus the premium price.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Well, I have an MP45 marked one and if you're dead set on having another, I'll sell you mine for that same $800.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    So mine's a STEAL at $800 if you'd like another.

If you look at the bidding history you'll see what is essentially one guy who has bid a bunch of times until he's now outbid another guy who put a ridiculous bid in to begin with.

I too have been known to pay more than something is worth simply because I WANTED it. Sometimes, money is no object but that doesn't mean you can easily (or ever) get your money back out of it.

For example, I once put a $3000 bid in over at ebay on a board game that started at $5 because I didn't care what it cost.....I WANTED it and I was GOING to have it. I ended up getting it for 30 bucks. If someone had bid me up to that price, I would have paid it but that has more to do with me being a sucker than it does the value of the game.

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    No this price is real.. setting the market by knowledge people. I won’t be surprised if it hits $1000 mark

As I said if you want to sell yours for 800 cash, send me some pictures if it is in good shape I would like to buy it

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    It's currently in Missouri along with the rifle which is having some work done on it. When I get it back I'll gladly post some pictures.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    At Dulles Expo gun show found a MP45 marked magazine for MP44 and paid $800.
    I must be out of my mind!!

Buy once, cry once. If you really wanted it grab it. Not saying you did but I overpaid for a few things this year because they were there. Only one I really regret or feel was beyond fair was the ONG folder.

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, 4 bidders thought it was worth more than $1k.
    I can remember looking for an original Colt 1905 magazine for a few years, and when one finally came up paid a king's ransom for it (well, king of a small country anyway).
    If you gotta have it to make a gun complete, you gotta have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom