• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    To make a long answer short "NO". Unless you have a documented report (police report) threatening your life then there is not much of a chance.

Call, email, fax or visit in person your reps to let them know this. Tell them they need to change the laws on concealed carry. Make your voice heard. It's about all you can do.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I was reviewing the handgun application the section where it asks for justification for the permit. o Obviously I'd want it for personal protection but I have no specific threats against me. There have been four fatal shootings within a mile of my house in the month of February alone. Giving Creedence to the notion that the area I live in is inherently dangerous. Can anyone tell me if this would be considered justification under the current process?

You need documented ongoing threats, or you need to transport business related currency. Short of that, NO!

ArJuna

Apr 10, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Yay, I love waiting.

Applying for my Utah NR permit next month

Why Utah? I am just today filling out my renewal for my Florida CCW permit. My Virginia Non-Res is expiring to, but I realized I don't need to renew it because since 5 years ago the Florida one is now accepted in ALL the places the Virginia one is accepted, and more. Why would someone like you in Ft. Meade not get a Florida non-resident permit?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Why Utah? I am just today filling out my renewal for my Florida CCW permit. My Virginia Non-Res is expiring to, but I realized I don't need to renew it because since 5 years ago the Florida one is now accepted in ALL the places the Virginia one is accepted, and more. Why would someone like you in Ft. Meade not get a Florida non-resident permit?
    This is why:

Fla Out of State Resident = 31 states, and renewal cost $102.

UT Out of state Resident = 31 states, and renewal costs $15.

nam1603

Jul 29, 2012
    I just asked for all the benefits of a Utah CCW in another forum and you my friend Merlin just gave the only one I need. Haha! I believe I will be signing up for the next class available.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Maryland carry.....LOLOLOL, the BEST we can hope for now is "Maryland Keep Whatcha Got". :mad54: What are the legalities of taking the rest of my stash that didn't get lost with the canoe to my wife's address in Georgia? Daughter graduates in 1 1/2 years and I am GONE if not before.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Maryland carry.....LOLOLOL, the BEST we can hope for now is "Maryland Keep Whatcha Got". :mad54: What are the legalities of taking the rest of my stash that didn't get lost with the canoe to my wife's address in Georgia?

"Those who say a thing is impossible should get out of the way of those who are doing it." ;)

ArJuna

Apr 10, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    This is why:

Fla Out of State Resident = 31 states, and renewal cost $102.

UT Out of state Resident = 31 states, and renewal costs $15.

Merlin, thanks for the tip. After careful review I opted to get the Utah permit and for-go the Florida & Virginia renewal. I rarely ever go to Florida and the Utah permit gives you pretty much the states you would get with those two. I took the Utah required training class in Jessup this morning and my application is in the mail. I am guaranteed to have it back in about 60 days.

I found this guy named Kevin Duke of Dukes Defense World who holds the class in a nice facility in Jessup, MD, just off of I-95. http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/

Kevin puts together an all inclusive Utah certified Concealed weapons permit training class that includes the paperwork, fingerprint cards (completed in class), photos, certificate, copies of license and certificate, and an envelope addressed to the Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification). He throws in drinks, donuts, and good coffee as well as a great time.

I highly recommend this class with Kevin for those looking to obtain a Utah CCW.

Thanks again Merlin for the tip. Kevin said that Utah now has an online renewal process where you can go online and pay $15 and attach a recent photo and you will be good to go for another 5 years. No more fingerprint cards or high fees or waiting. It's awesome.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Merlin, thanks for the tip. After careful review I opted to get the Utah permit and for-go the Florida & Virginia renewal. I rarely ever go to Florida and the Utah permit gives you pretty much the states you would get with those two. I took the Utah required training class in Jessup this morning and my application is in the mail. I am guaranteed to have it back in about 60 days.

I found this guy named Kevin Duke of Dukes Defense World who holds the class in a nice facility in Jessup, MD, just off of I-95. http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/

Kevin puts together an all inclusive Utah certified Concealed weapons permit training class that includes the paperwork, fingerprint cards (completed in class), photos, certificate, copies of license and certificate, and an envelope addressed to the Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification). He throws in drinks, donuts, and good coffee as well as a great time.

I highly recommend this class with Kevin for those looking to obtain a Utah CCW.

Thanks again Merlin for the tip. Kevin said that Utah now has an online renewal process where you can go online and pay $15 and attach a recent photo and you will be good to go for another 5 years. No more fingerprint cards or high fees or waiting. It's awesome.

Glad to help. Kevin Duke is a great guy. He has been up my farm so he could do the live fire for the Fla permit for me and two friends of mine. He does offer a very good class.

dkerm

Mar 12, 2013
    Do you need cash deposits for MD ccw or will check deposits work?

I have my own business since 2006, Real estate agent as well, rehab my own properties. Had $250k in deposits (checks) to ATM in the last 6 months. In addition I carry my laptop that has sensitive financial information and job data with me in my car. I go in and out of vacant foreclosed houses all over maryland.

Do I need to make a bunch of cash deposits over the next few months or will this suffice for my application.
    I also took a couple of gun safety courses, and have a gun safe in my house.

What do you think?

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I have my own business since 2006, Real estate agent as well, rehab my own properties. Had $250k in deposits (checks) to ATM in the last 6 months. In addition I carry my laptop that has sensitive financial information and job data with me in my car. I go in and out of vacant foreclosed houses all over maryland.

Do I need to make a bunch of cash deposits over the next few months or will this suffice for my application.
    I also took a couple of gun safety courses, and have a gun safe in my house.

What do you think?

I would like to offer you hope, but not with the current state administration or the secretary of the state police.
    They simply do not want you to carry.

Having said that, it's worth trying.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

60 days...from the date they cash your check/charge your card. ;)

Once you get the UT permit...you can a copy of it along with the app for the AZ permit to add a few more states. Renewals of AZ and UT combined are cheaper than FL all by itself. :D

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    Application submitted 3-15-2013 - Business owner that carry's business currency on a daily basis. Let's see what happens..............

I used marylandfingerprinting.com for my live scan prints & photo's.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Application submitted 3-15-2013 - Business owner that carry's business currency on a daily basis. Let's see what happens..............

I used marylandfingerprinting.com for my live scan prints & photo's.

You will be fine and get your ccw. Did marylandfingerprinting.com notorize your filled out app, or did they do that thing where they print out a new application with their notary seal printed on the application where you then had to fill it out all over again?

I went to the Live-Scan location in Glen Burnie and they were a pain in the ass. I had my nice and neatly typed filled out application with me when I went to their location thinking they would notarized it with one of the notary clamps. But nooooooooo, they were only able to print out a new application with their notary seal printed on it. Then I had to sit out in the parking lot and refill the whole thing out by hand again.

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    see? thats what gets me. The 2nd amendment already accounts for all this. Its like them saying, "ok the Constitution says you can bear arms and that can't be infringed upon, but you need to prove to us you really need to bear arms." Assuming 'bear arms' is conceal and carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom