• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Which will include the bourgeoisie that have favored status and will be included in any new laws they pass.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Which will include the bourgeoisie that have favored status and will be included in any new laws they pass.

And/or provide dispensation for law makers to hire their own personal bodyguards.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry if I'm unusually pessimistic lately, but the probability of this legislation actually leading to me being able to carry in my home state of MD despite my non-resident permits in other states....

m7llq.jpg

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    A slim chance is better than no chance.

I'll give you that... I'm just not getting my hopes up... have been let down too many times in the past. I do not trust that anything that the Congress-Critters or Naptown-Nabobs do will actually make my life better.

If anything good happens it is usually despite of our law makers and not because of them.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    in my mind, States like Maryland who are not shall issue are getting their just desserts.HR 38 would not have been necessary had they allowed everyone to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

I worry that if this becomes law, there will be so many restrictions on where you can carry in Maryland that nothing will really change, and I bet the GA will make it a felony to carry a concealed weapon into any place that has a no-gun sign

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    I'm just saying the same state attorney generals who sued over the travel ban will be in federal court suing to block implementation of this law if it passes. I don't know if they'll be suing Trump or naming someone else. But you can bet they will be fighting it in court at state taxpayers' expense just to drag it out.

100% truth!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Do we know when the Senate vote is?

No, and it's also worth noting the House has passed several hundred bills which the Senate hasn't acted on either.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get acted on until closer to election time.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    in my mind, States like Maryland who are not shall issue are getting their just desserts.HR 38 would not have been necessary had they allowed everyone to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

I worry that if this becomes law, there will be so many restrictions on where you can carry in Maryland that nothing will really change, and I bet the GA will make it a felony to carry a concealed weapon into any place that has a no-gun sign

Not so sure about that. Remember, any rules they put in place apply to the "special" people too.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If the home state thing is what is required to get it to pass, so be it. We can't let perfect be the enemy of good and walk away with nothing.

It sucks that it won't help people in Maryland, but there is an election in less than a year. Pass reciprocity now, with the home state requirement, and in 2018, you either have had a year for people to get used to it, and remember, rights are always harder to take away once people enjoy them, or if you get a stronger majority, use it to allow non-resident permits.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    If the home state thing is what is required to get it to pass, so be it. We can't let perfect be the enemy of good and walk away with nothing.

It sucks that it won't help people in Maryland, but there is an election in less than a year. Pass reciprocity now, with the home state requirement, and in 2018, you either have had a year for people to get used to it, and remember, rights are always harder to take away once people enjoy them, or if you get a stronger majority, use it to allow non-resident permits.

I agree with you but I'd still think of it as an injustice for the pro2A people in MD and the other may issue states to be left out. Hopefully the home state requirement won't be included in a final House and Senate version. Who knows.....a lot of people thought HR38 had a snow ball's chance of making it through the House, but it did.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Basically, there are two options. Either the bill is watered down with compromise to get 60 votes, or the Republicans go nuclear. They're not going to do the latter and eliminate the filibuster, so the former is the best option. Require a permit to need 8 hour training and live fire for reciprocity. That destroys most of the arguments from the left.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

Agree. Even if totally watered down and tied to the fix NICS bill, and maybe a bump stock ban, this would be a huge step forward for 2A right in the country as whole, not to mention would be the largest win since the expiration of the AWB, and sadly probably the only legislative win for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom