• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    The copy to me is for my personal records. Once retrieved from the mailbox tomorrow, I'll file it along with my BATF&E receipt.

It can't hurt.

It didn't cost much.

I was at the post office anyway.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    The copy to me is for my personal records. Once retrieved from the mailbox tomorrow, I'll file it along with my BATF&E receipt.

I'm wondering if we will ever see those receipts. My letter is still "in transit" and has been since Saturday. Argh!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm wondering if we will ever see those receipts. My letter is still "in transit" and has been since Saturday. Argh!

Mine finally showed as "Delivered" this AM, after being sent Monday afternoon.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My letter was due to be delivered by 8pm last night. This morning USPS tracking says: Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm curious as to why Babalous email to fipb@atf.gov is responded to with @usdoj.gov addresses? Is the DOJ named in the new law and good-to-go as accepting an application for approval?
    It's no big deal. From the ATF main webpage ... "ATF is a law enforcement agency in the United States' Department of Justice ...". That's why they're a Bureau and not a Department, much like the FBI that's also under the DOJ. Their atf.gov emails likely redirect to DOJ email servers. When an individual replies from there, they also include the "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" in their signature.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It's no big deal. From the ATF main webpage ... "ATF is a law enforcement agency in the United States' Department of Justice ...". That's why they're a Bureau and not a Department, much like the FBI that's also under the DOJ. Their atf.gov emails likely redirect to DOJ email servers. When an individual replies from there, they also include the "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" in their signature.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, I kind of knew that, just double checking.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For those who sent priority mail to 20002 and its not delivered, or those who sent email, I would not take chances. I would resend certified since that seems to have been successful. my 0.02. but everyone knows I have BGOS... and this is why.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The receiver is getting writer's cramp from getting so much signature required mail :D

I could be wrong, but the few letters being sent out by the MDS brotherhood is probably just a small sampling of the total received on a daily basis.

I could be wrong, but even if they get 50 letters from us daily, I'm sure their intake is a LOT more than that.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I could be wrong, but the few letters being sent out by the MDS brotherhood is probably just a small sampling of the total received on a daily basis.

I could be wrong, but even if they get 50 letters from us daily, I'm sure their intake is a LOT more than that.

Not at the DC office.

The Atlanta and Martinsburg offices get swamped with the various forms dealing with the NFA public at large.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I don't know, but I would think that by the very nature of the types of mail they get, a large majority would probably be certified.

at this address, probably 0.1%. NFA goes to Atlanta.

I would further wager that we are probably the first people to discover that the USPS website is wrong, because no one has tried to send priority or certified mail there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom