• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    You're not the only one. A friend (SWF, late 30's) was the victim of a home invasion in her row home in Canton/Baltimore City. I spent a day with her at my gun club (AGC) and sold her a pump action shotgun.
    She is now a vocally pro 2A leftist. When she talks about her experience to other leftist SWF's, and explains how much safer she feels with a 12 gauge in the closet- they listen.

I have a similar friend with a similar shotgun in the city. She says that whenever the SHTF that she’s coming to my house. I told her she’s be much better off learning how to defend her hearth and home than come to my place. I talked her out of a handgun and into a pump 12 gauge because she wouldn’t have to aim as well with buckshot. She’s pretty far left, but a friend and gun owner. She wasn’t worried during the riots because she could fend for herself. She’ll never vote R though.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    She’ll never vote R though.

Honestly that’s the reason why I’ve become reticent on reaching out to the Dems I know. I’ve gotten two of my far left friends into 2A supporters. Despite them knowing that gun control is a boondoggle they still faithfully pour gas into the fire and vote D.

I’ve tried at convincing them if they can’t vote R then at least sit out or vote green until their candidates drop gun control as a platform but to not much avail. That’s where the tribalism kicks in. I lean libertarian and have held my nose and voted for a number of GOP guys; don’t feel like I’m in a glass house expecting other 2A supporters to do the same when our rights are under attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Honestly that’s the reason why I’ve become reticent on reaching out to the Dems I know. I’ve gotten two of my far left friends into 2A supporters. Despite them knowing that gun control is a boondoggle they still faithfully pour gas into the fire and vote D.

I’ve tried at convincing them if they can’t vote R then at least sit out or vote green until their candidates drop gun control as a platform but to not much avail. That’s where the tribalism kicks in. I lean libertarian and have held my nose and voted for a number of GOP guys; don’t feel like I’m in a glass house expecting other 2A supporters to do the same when our rights are under attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep trying. Even if only 5% change their vote, that's something. 0% of the ones you don't reach out are going to change their vote.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I am not celebrating. Most times I think that they put crazy shit out there (like this), and then withdraw it both as a distraction and to make us think we got something. This may or may not have been part of the plan all along.

Yep. It's an ages-old tactic.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I am not celebrating. Most times I think that they put crazy shit out there (like this), and then withdraw it both as a distraction and to make us think we got something. This may or may not have been part of the plan all along.
    This is precisely why we need to still fight hard against this ghost gun bill and the others coming up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Jeff Hulbert of Patriot Picket files this war dispatch to the national 2A website “THE TRUTH ABOUT GUNS” (TTAG) reporting yesterday’s withdrawal of HB1261.

This article puts Maryland’s 2A defenders’ successful fight against this tyrannical MD state government-proposed gun rights infringement on the national 2A map.

Click here to read the entire TTAG article, which features pics of MDS, MSI and Patriot Picket members and rapidly accumulating comments:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/maryland-1000-gun-assault-weapon-registration-bill-defeated/

Attachments

• 9418AFA4-167B-430E-9AA7-7A8953C48F77.jpg
      9418AFA4-167B-430E-9AA7-7A8953C48F77.jpg
      79.8 KB · Views: 606

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I picked up my packet and was a little troubled by their record keeping. According to MSP Licensing, I own 6 regulated firearms they don't have details on. I guess it is time to start comparing serial numbers on the firearms to their database.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    (On a positive note, I ran into Eruby at Licensing and the MSP counter staff was very polite and efficient)

I checked through my no information packets and they appear to be related to multiple purchases or transfers made at MSP instead of FFL. Wondering if that is the same for everyone. If so, it seems like the way to keep their database in disarray is to buy 4 or 5 at a time... like I needed a reason ;)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Such racist gun laws are not only unconstitutional but unenforceable as well.
    A $1,000 fee/fine to register guns is racist because it makes it basically impossible for low income people especially minorities to exercise their constitutional right.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I checked through my no information packets and they appear to be related to multiple purchases or transfers made at MSP instead of FFL. Wondering if that is the same for everyone. If so, it seems like the way to keep their database in disarray is to buy 4 or 5 at a time... like I needed a reason ;)

I got mine. It had several with NO firearm info as well. I have never done a transfer at the MSP.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I’ll just leave this national coverage here of Maryland Patriot activists On The Bricks, in the Statehouse lobby, in the suits, in the legislative office buildings, in the witness chairs at the gun bill hearings, on social media making alarm and attack posts, on the phones and mailing the letters to the MGA:

[B]http://thegunfeed.com/[/B]

THE GUN FEED” is posting this recent article from “THE TRUTH ABOUT GUNS” (TTAG) in case you missed it:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/maryland-1000-gun-assault-weapon-registration-bill-defeated/

:thumbsup: :mdpatriot

Attachments

• 2D082965-41B4-48BB-84EA-1E12053B4975.jpg
      2D082965-41B4-48BB-84EA-1E12053B4975.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 827
    • 3CFE06DA-568D-42C5-9524-E83A2F757586.jpg
      3CFE06DA-568D-42C5-9524-E83A2F757586.jpg
      100 KB · Views: 842

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I’m far left and did a complete 180 on guns because “gun people” who weren’t in my social network took the time to talk to me about gun ownership/2A rights in a way that got me to challenge my views and the underlying rationale (or more appropriately emotion) behind them without coming off as total asshats. It really helps when you don’t go out of your way to shit talk people just because of their broad political association/views and instead treat them like your neighbor/fellow american.

This political tribalism on both sides needs to stop, it drives me nuts when I see liberals doing it as well, acting condescending to “Trumpers”.

I have lots of dems as friends and clients. Threw one for a loop after Trump was elected. He was on Facebook posting about how people that voted for Trump were racists, misogynists, etc. When I mentioned that I am a conservative and I voted for Trump, and asked him if he thought I was a racist, misogynist, womanizer, etc., he apologized for the comment and said he had to step back, take a break from Facebook, and rethink things.

We really should be able to talk to one another about politics without blinders on.

There are many other stories of clients/friends of mine that I have known for 10+ years. They are dumbfounded when they find out I am a conservative, I am a gun owner, and I am a hunter that kills Bambi and Donald Duck. It takes them a little while to wrap their head around it, and then they realize that their stereotype of gun owners and conservatives isn't right.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have lots of dems as friends and clients. Threw one for a loop after Trump was elected. He was on Facebook posting about how people that voted for Trump were racists, misogynists, etc. When I mentioned that I am a conservative and I voted for Trump, and asked him if he thought I was a racist, misogynist, womanizer, etc., he apologized for the comment and said he had to step back, take a break from Facebook, and rethink things.

We really should be able to talk to one another about politics without blinders on.

There are many other stories of clients/friends of mine that I have known for 10+ years. They are dumbfounded when they find out I am a conservative, I am a gun owner, and I am a hunter that kills Bambi and Donald Duck. It takes them a little while to wrap their head around it, and then they realize that their stereotype of gun owners and conservatives isn't right.

I hear ya. As I like to say, I am a liberal gun owner and I take an originalist view of our rights. For some reason “both sides” always seem to think that for some reason that means I need to be a conservative or liberals think that’s incompatible with being a liberal. Not in the least is my response to both sides. My thing is both sides often try to take things to far (at least the politicians).

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I hear ya. As I like to say, I am a liberal gun owner and I take an originalist view of our rights. For some reason “both sides” always seem to think that for some reason that means I need to be a conservative or liberals think that’s incompatible with being a liberal. Not in the least is my response to both sides. My thing is both sides often try to take things to far (at least the politicians).

politicians?? Government has no authority. Government by design to defend the rights and Constitution.
    "Shall Not Be Infringed".
    The Constitution doesn’t ‘give’ us any rights, Joe. It enumerates our inherent rights by Our Creator. Period.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    In 1776, Americans proclaimed their focus on rights in the Declaration of Independence. It stated that all people were created “with certain unalienable rights” and that the very purpose of government was “to secure these rights.” Great Britain's refusal to grant American colonists the same rights as other English subjects sparked the Revolutionary War. Such rights were protected by the Magna Carta in 1215 and the English Bill of Rights in 1689.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    In 1776, Americans proclaimed their focus on rights in the Declaration of Independence. It stated that all people were created “with certain unalienable rights” and that the very purpose of government was “to secure these rights.” Great Britain's refusal to grant American colonists the same rights as other English subjects sparked the Revolutionary War. Such rights were protected by the Magna Carta in 1215 and the English Bill of Rights in 1689.

Some of the revocation of said Bill of Rights of 1689 was the motivation for some to move to the aforementioned colonies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom