• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Saw this post on Glock Talk:

Got word from a Glock rep today that production for the Gen 3 Glocks is being phased out. Glock will only be doing limited runs of the Gen 3 just to keep up with sales for states like California and others that will not allow sales of the Gen 4s and 5s. Also the Gen 3s that will be produced will only ship with 10 round magazines. So if you want a Gen 3, get them now.

Was at several fun stores and some were saying that their distributors couldn't get them any longer. There was only one in my area that would still be able to get them only if available and with 10 round magazines...

Just thought you guys should know.

No idea about it's accuracy.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    How about upper slide assemblies for Gen3. Is that required for the Poly 80 kits?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    How about upper slide assemblies for Gen3. Is that required for the Poly 80 kits?

Those are take-offs from guns anyway. There are also a lot of aftermarket slides available now and the price is getting close to what parted out ones cost.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i traded or sold most of my gen 3's for gen 4's anyways, really like the improved grip stippling and ability to add a beavertail.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Maybe this is why Brownells is OOS with no option for backorder on Glock Gen 3 lower parts kits. Midway keeps pushing the expected back in stock date (presently mid May). I saw a few vendors that had them but were asking double the price.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Maybe this is why Brownells is OOS with no option for backorder on Glock Gen 3 lower parts kits. Midway keeps pushing the expected back in stock date (presently mid May). I saw a few vendors that had them but were asking double the price.

I'm pretty sure that Glock will maintain product support for all the older generations floating around. The parts will turn up eventually. You could always have an armorer order the parts straight from Glock.

https://us.glock.com/documents/FRM-72-26.xls

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm surprised. I figured they'd have been more likely to phase out the 4 and offer the 3 & 5. With the 3 sticking around to service CA and the contracts they already have in place for the 3g.
    I guess the 3g style will live on in the 80% platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom